Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I still smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by I_Skate, Aug 5, 2009.

1. My Aunt has really really bad schizophrenia and I know that weed will cause people who are likely to develop schizophrenia to show more symptoms and the such. Now since it's my aunt and not one of my parents or anything idk how bad it would be. Would it be a bad idea to keep smoking? Because I think I'm gonna probably quit

2. Isnt schizophrenia associated more with smoking your weed from something made from aluminum? rather than just the actually weed its self?

3. I say keep smokin, if you go schezophrenic you'll have someone to talk to when you blaze!:hello:

4. hahahaha

5. It won't give you schizophrenia.

6. #6 hatchplzhelp, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
    I have a hard time listening to Mj studies because alot is spun in a way to make Marijuana look worse. You should not do other street drugs especially drugs like lsd meth crack cocaine shrooms atm etc. Here is some studies i googled i think you should research this subject. IMO If your under 21 you should probably stop smoking until your that age. The reason i say this is because your brain is still developing until your 21. I started smoking at 17 so yes im a hippocrit. However you learn a lot with age and the things i did ten years ago i wouldnt do now. The sites below are for and against my girlfriend Maryjane.

You are at 3% risk according to this website below of all i have listed this is the most important for you to read.
    Schizophrenia.com - Preventing Schizophrenia, Risk Reduction

Schizophrenia.com - Marijuana Cannabis and Schizophrenia

Opposing Views: NEWS: Study Says Marijuana Use Not Linked to Schizophrenia

“[T]he expected rise in diagnoses of schizophrenia and psychoses did not occur over a 10 year period. This study does not therefore support the specific causal link between cannabis use and incidence of psychotic disorders. … This concurs with other reports indicating that increases in population cannabis use have not been followed by increases in psychotic incidence.” link below

Study Debunks Claim That Pot Smoking Causes Mental Illness | NORML Blog

http://forum.grasscity.com/legaliza...claims-pot-smoking-causes-mental-illness.html

Teenage Pot Smokers 'Face Bigger Risk Of Mental Illness'

Cannabis and mental illness - the Keele Study | The UKCIA News Blog

7. LOL tell me this is not a raciest statment, this will get everyones blood boiling.
    The statment below is from this website: Marijuana Use & Mental Health: A Path to Schizophrenia?

Who is at risk for marijuana addiction?
    Research suggests that certain factors may increase a person’s chances of becoming dependent on marijuana. These factors including living in the Western area of the United States, being male, and having Native American heritage. Additionally, having lost a spouse, or having been divorced or separated, increases the risk for marijuana addiction. This does not mean that marijuana dependence is limited to these groups. Rather, these groups may be more vulnerable to use, abuse, and addiction.

8. Its not going to cause that shit. Unless you you smoke every day for a few decades, then maybe theres a chance. Just like cigarettes and cancer.

9. I know people on a site like GC are probably gonna just say it's fine, and I am not disagreeing with them and their opinions, but major kudos to hatch for posting all those links.

Anyway, just continue to research it and do what you think is right for your health. Nobody here is gonna take care of you but you, amigo.

10. ask you doctor. im not saying the links are bad (they're not) but anyone can post anything on the internet, and like hatch said, sometimes people swing statistics in whatever way suits them best. your doctor will be honest with you (and hopefully open-minded). just do yourself a favor when you ask him, and ask like you haven't smoked before. i know people will tell you that telling you doctor you smoke stays private, because doctor-patient confidentiality prevents them from giving anyone your medical records, but when you're old and apply for life insurance you have to sign over your medical records to the company, and anything that they view as even remotely dangerous that is listed on there can count against you

11. If you tell the doctor not to put it your file. I have been told that they cannot. I was told this by a doc who is a friend. Im about 75% sure on this