Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What the hell to do with 70-100 grams of moldy pot

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DaN Th3 WeeD, Jul 17, 2009.

1. I recently discovered that my stash of weed is starting to mold. From what I have read even a small amount of mold is really bad to smoke. Now i have a lot of slightly moldy weed and I dont know what to do with it. I cant go make canabutter because I live with my parents and it will make a hell of a smell. So what should I do with it ? I really dont want to throw away this much good weed. I also have no one I can sell it to.

2. save it for a rainy day:smoking:

3. make iso hash or butane honey oil

4. Make hash!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Make a Tincture? Put it in Alchohol for a few weeks or somthing..
    Like Everclear.

6. thats sounds good,the thc with leave the bud,and the alcohol will most likely kill the mold :smoking:

7. To be honest I'd be careful with trying to make any sort of THC extract. You'll probably get the mold along with it.

Although the alcohol tincture sounds interesting, but I would find out if it will effectively neutralize the mold.

8. Wait wait wait you have 70-100 grams? As in over a QP? And your parents can't smell that? And now it's MOLDING? Geeze man.....

9. a qp is 112 grams.... but I would try to make some kind of hash or else break off any part that looks moldy and smoke anything that looks fine but thats still risky.

10. u no alcohol is a poison right? thatl kill any livin thing covered in it especially everclear

11. is the weed a little wet still? was it all in a jar?

i say snag some scissors and cut off all the moldy parts you can see. inspect it really well. then toss all the good weed in a paper bag for a day or two to dry it out.

12. alcohol will kill the mold, but so does fire, the problem with smokng moldy weed is that your burning the mpld and inhaling all the toxins. With alcohol, most of the toxins in the mold aren't alcohol soluable, and all you're doing is rinsing off the trichromes, which the mold doesn't grow into

13. Haha yep and its sum realy nice weed it gives me an awesum high. And ill probably will have to bloody throw it away.

14. Or just listen to everyone in this thread and do an alcohol extraction?

15. #16 Acid Raindrops, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009
    This. Should kill the mold (I would think), and you will have a very potent and rewarding outcome.
    Make sure your shit is dried before sealing it up and storing it... The moisture stays locked inside when you do that = mold.

16. Yea I guess I could do it, ill probably keep the weed until I get the right alcohol to extract the THC.

17. Yea I think thats what I did wrong. The weed was not completely dry and I sealed it up super air-tight and only opened it a few weeks later.

18. get sum everclear and take most of ur weed and put it in there and then wait for a while for the alcohol to absorb all the thc (look it up idk how long i think like a week), and save a few gs to smoke while u wait

19. WOW that really sucks. To be honest you should have been supr careful with that kind of weight. Im not sure about the alcohol tincture thing, but people here are saying it will kill mold. I really have no idea and if I had moldy bud i probably wouldnt do anything with it unless im 100% sure its safe and all mold is destroyed.