Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Slightly moldy pot still safe ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DaN Th3 WeeD, Jul 17, 2009.

1. I have some kick ass weed and I noticed that its starting to mold a bit. Its very little and looks nothing as bad as the "Mold on pot photos" sticky. I smoked quite a bit of it last night and it tasted and smelt normal and it didnt make my throat or lungs sore or anything and the high was normal. I realy like this weed but is it safe if I continue smoking it ?

2. it's a gamble. everytime you load weed with any mold and pack and smoke it, you inhale mold right into your lungs before the flame can even touch it.

lets see some pictures

3. When I take pics of it its very difficult to see the mold because there is so little of it and my camera makes my weed look very dark when I use macros for some reason. What health risks are there when smoking moldy weed in the first place ?

4. Mold on anything you consume is deadly. It can cause pain or even death.

5. You could use it to make butter out of it. If you have enough. I think boiling and cooking kills the toxins?? I don't know. Just a suggestions. Keep it in the freezer and only take small amounts out if it is not completely cured.

6. Smoking pot with any amount of mold on it is dangerous. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

7. Sigh it looks like Im gonna have to make budder out of it. J.R.R. Tokin is probably right and I would rather not risk big health problems. Ive got bloody 70 grams of this stuff im so pissed off it went moldy.

8. But what I dont understand is that many people smoke moldy pot all the time. I would of never of noticed mold on my pot if I didnt see and hear about it on Grasscity. I would of been smoking a crap load of moldy pot without even knowing it is moldy. If its such a big health risk why hasn't it been used for propoganda, because moldy pot is quite common and im sure there are many people smoking moldy pot without knowing about it.

9. place in oven at 225 for 5-10 minutes. any mold na dspores will be inactivated. btw, i tend to think that the mold thing is way the fuck overblown. the way i came up, if during curing it gets PM, you stick it in the oven, then continue cure, it works every time. takes away taste/smell, but potency stays the same. we inhale millions of mold spores daily form the environ. black toic mold is bad, asperiligus is bad powdery mildew is at worst a taste destroyer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I wouldn't smoke it if it's moldy. Even if there's just a little bit of mold, the fungus has probably already gotten cozy throughout the weed, not just where the mold is showing.

But I guess if you wanted to bypass that advice, you could pick off the moldy parts and smoke it anyway... :confused_2: Like dan the weed said, we've probably all smoked 'infected' pot without knowing it.

11. sell.pick up more.

12. #12 falcon10911, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009
    Untrue, some strains of mold are actually heat resistant. I suggest you use 99% ISO and make a batch of QWISO, I did that with 15 grams of some moldy weed I had and I got some nice results!

Also even the mold that doesn't seem to harm you will and can cause lung/sinus infections. Inhalation of spores offers opportunity for the molds to incubate and establish colonies inside the body. Which is something you don't want, and could happen with prolonged inhalation. Depending on what kind of mold it is, the results are different.

Just because everyone else inhales mold sometimes, doesn't mean you should. Just because so many people get in car accidents each year doesn't mean you should get in one because "It might work out".

EDIT: And it's one thing to unknowingly smoke moldy weed, but to smoke it knowing it's moldy makes me gag..

13. mold is only bad for you if you are allergic. Now would probably not be the time you want to find out but its up to you. You could make qwiso hash with it. If its dank pot, it will make dank qwiso. You can then use that for butter or smoke it. good luck.

14. uhhh, not true. mold spores can settle in your lungs and multiply there, or just plain make you sick, whether you're allergic or not.

lungs = dark, warm, moist... yeah, the perfect environment for things to try to grow and spread.

15. #15 WhosGotTheHerb, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009

well that makes sense. idk though... i mean your lungs have cilia to push things that it knows shouldnt be there out. YOur body also has an immune system. But you are probably right so I apologize for spreading bad info. Also im fairly sure the heat kills the spores, but its the toxins from the smoke that is bad for your lungs and can cause you to get sick.

16. Spaz agrees. Anyone notice that the girl in the above's sig. Has really really white teeth? I'm impressed. But weirdness aside, you could bake in the oven as someone stated. You could also cook with it...

I'd say make a shitload of butter/oil. Then, save yourself a half or so, and put it in the oven... You got bud to toke for awhile, and can cook with the butter/oil whenever!

17. This thread is scaring me

18. Why on earth would he want to do that? That is so not right. It is just shady and wrong! If you would do something like that then I hope Karma will find it's way to you very soon.

less

19. What? That's such a dick move. :rolleyes:

20. But will making budder get rid of all the mold ? And will putting it in the oven also kill all the mold ? Im thinking of making tea with it. I guess that the boiling water will also kill the mold ?