Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wax in bowl...cleaning tips?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BurntToast, Jul 6, 2009.

1. My lighter died last night when I was lighting my little glass spoon. Had a candle lit and decided to try and hit with the candle. a little droplet of wax got in, and I took the unaffected bud out and didn't touch it. Cleaned the shit out of it with an ISO Alcohol, salt and water mix. Then I poured boiling water over it and let it dry.

Looked brand spankin new. Go to smoke a bowl and as I'm lighting the last little nug in I hear a crackling noise. Tasted like wax. SO, basically I'm asking how to clean ALL of the wax out? No more ISO but I kept the mix I had before so I'm letting it sit in there all night. Should I boil it IN the pan later?

TL;DR :

Wax was in bowl, cleaned it, wax seems to have stayed in bottom of bowl. How to clean?

2. Maybe... trying to scrape it off? Is it in there like a piece or spread out?

3. Just hold ur peice upside down and melt it out...
    :smoking:

4. Scratch as much off as you can, Preferably when its cold (try ice), so it cracks off. Otherwise it will just go runny as what happened when it got into the piece to begin with
    Automotive wax and grease remover will also work, but make sure to clean it after using that.

5. Fuck, maybe it wasn't even wax. I had the lighter on the bowl for like 10 minutes and nothing slid out. Might have been a nug that got sucked through, right?

Just to be safe I'm soaking it now. I'll let it dry later.

6. be careful if u boil it, you dont wanna crack it.

7. shit that's right.

The soak should be enough. If not I'll fucking torch the shit out of it tomorrow when I pick up a new pack of lighters.