Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is this mold on my bud??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by munki420, Apr 22, 2009.

1. damn, i just bought this less than a week ago but i started to read up on mold and storage (i store it in a dark cool place and i know the stuff is dry

is this mold on my weed?

[​IMG]

here is the same from a different angle

[​IMG]

and heres another bud, i'm wondering if the whiteness of the stem is mold?

[​IMG]

ive only seen these rather different looking hairy bits on the stems, is this normal? should i throw out my 1/4?? damn i only toked up twice with this...:(

2. No looks like good buds tho enjoy them:smoking:

3. id say get some more zoom on it to study the actual structure of it, maybe there is some1 else on her that can just eyeball it.

4. I have the exact same buds.. I payed 350 for an ounce (which is rediculous) from a medical cannibus club. They call the strain NYCD or New York City Diesel. It looks identical to that. All that white you see, those are called tricomes. Those are the sugars produced by your plant, basically its a bunch of concentrated thc on those nugs.

You have some dank, so roll up a nice one and enjoy!

Mold will appear alot more dark. It makes your nugs look like crap, and smell like mold. I think you would know almost for sure if you had mold.

5. it's not mold bro, it's just some danky ass shit.. toke up:smoking:

6. no. smoke it :smoke:

7. In the first picture, the collection of white, if it comes off when you gently wipe it's mold, if it doesn't they are trichs.

I know what you're talking about, that fluffly white mold that I'm sure everyone's seen. I've seen trichs, but that seems like a big deposit so not sure if it's mold or not.

Again, if it wipes off, and looks like little white fibers, probably mold. But you have to wipe gently, because if they are trichs, wiping them off (not) gently could cause them to break off and declare a false positive.

Also should release an odor that doesn't smell like weed. (If it were to be mold)

8. The first picture looks a little sketchy, the others look legit.

9. [​IMG]

That looks very much like mold.

10. Looks good to me, the first pic just looks like that part was closer to the camera and it got blurred (looking more like mold)

11. First pic looks like some straight up mold! I feel bad for your loss my friend. Unless your actaully plannign to smoke that, wouldnt recommend it though

12. i tried wiping it gently as you said, it doesnt come off though, it kinda moves like how it does if you wipe short hair gently

it's kinda the same on the stem of the bigger bud in my third picture, but im not sure it's even mold on that one

any other ways i can check if its mold? what would it supposedly smell like? i'm a newbie toker so i've yet to experience smelling moldy weed

13. so if the second pic looks legit, would it not be mold? cuz its the same bud as the first pic, just taken at a different angle

14. #14 theanachronism, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
  15. Mold.(circled in red) Ive seen this before on bud that have been sitting around stored improperly.

Attached Files:

• mold.JPG
      mold.JPG
      File size:
      25.3 KB
      Views:
  16. call your dealer and get your money back OP

17. I'd definitely say mold. Especially obvious on the first picture.