Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

head shops and things not to say to ask

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JD150, Mar 10, 2009.

1. so i know you cant ask for bongs at smoke shops/ head shops because they are "specifically for smoking marijuana" and you must ask for "water pipes" what else in head shops should you not ask or say. and is it alright to ask about ice catchers in "water pipes?" i'm kinda new to buying from head shops. so thanks.

2. I was wondering the same thing.
    if i ask for a 'bubbler' is he gonna ask me to leave for not using a different term?

3. When i got my new bubbler at this headshop, I straight up asked him where the bubblers were, and he showed me where they were. I guess it depends on the headshop though.

4. just make sure its not the manager...and if your not sure ask them the terminology

5. just point and ask "what should i call that?" I'm sure the employee won't care.

6. water pipe is a perfectly acceptable term as is ice catcher... just dont go talkin about burnin trees and shit like that and youll be fine... dont go in high either until youre comfortable with the employees...
    cigarette papers = good ... joint papers = bad

7. My headshop is always full of pissy druggies. I've met like 2 cool people in there. One was a hot ass girl and the other was some chill ass dude. Other than that, they're always tweeking.

8. Haha, yeah my headshop is always full of douche bags and kids, I only go in, pick a bong out and leave immediately trying to avoid all the idiots.

I must say it's way worse at hydro shops though, there's always those kids in flat brimmed hats loitering around looking for drip emitters.

9. I doubt the owner will give a fuck if you are smoking weed out of something you bought from his shop or whether you call it a bubbler or a bong. If he has a head shop then he no doubt smokes a shit load himself anyway and certainly isn't gonna be anti-drugs.

I just go in to my local headshop and ask for a bong or whatever, they don't care.

10. Places have been shut down for using the wrong terms. That's why they are so strict about it.

11. Really, that sucks. I'm betting that's in the U.S they have such anal laws. Most of the head shops in the UK are pretty chill, at least the ones I know are.

12. ive been to EVERY headshop on haight more than once and i have never used the term "water pipe", and i have never been kicked out of a store. it really depends on the smokeshop.

13. yea you are right in a sense. where if you own a hedge you are gonna be lovin the herb. but they can get shut down for things like calling it a bong or selling to minors. so yea they do care but then again it depends on the shop.

14. Jeez guys it's not that hard to make a purchase at a head shop, the guy behind the counter knows what you are going to be using it for just relax.

If you are really that paranoid about it just point at it and ask him how much it costs.

I know the headshop near my house, I've talked to the guy behind the counter about grinders and vaporizers and which he thinks is the best one, etc. You've just got to be cool, don't act sketchy but don't be stupid and say shit with your friends like "I'm going to rip this piece so hard"

You guys make the simplest things seem so complicated, don't over think it :smoke:

15. bongs = tubes
    "hey can i see that tube over there..."

papers = papers
    pipes = pipes
    pretty much everything is what you would normally call it, except for bongs, which are tubes or water pipes

16. Just point and ask. It will never get u in trouble.

17. Ive been to headshops where they have like fliers around the store with correct terminology on it. If they have something like that get familiar with the right words. It helps

18. nah dude, they arent going to ask you to leave, those dude smoke weed man. i bought a bubbler about a month ago and when i pointed to the one i wanted he said "oh yeah, thats a nice bub right there"

19. never say "wheres da ganja weed mon?" instint kick out!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

20. lol I thought you guys had "freedom of speech" or whatever you call it.

Here you can buy bongs from most convenience stores and say bong.