Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How does smoking effect sports?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ProblemChyld, Jan 11, 2009.

1. I smoke probably 3 times a week which means 3 black and milds a week because i always smoke those after im done smoking my bowl.I'm curious because i play basketball and the practices are hell, we have to run almost the whole practice so i wanted to know the truth on how will smoking effect me? what about tobacco? if there is a good article i will appreciate it. Ive heard that the longer you hold it in it actually helps your lung capacity so idk what to believe. The burning of your throat has to have some negative side effects right? this is really imprtant to me becuase this is my last year of high school and i have a couple colleges looking at me so i need to be in the best possible shape even if it means to stop smoking :( I just love playing basketball and i plan on playing pro after college. Thanks for the help

2. I wouldnt smoke before practice or smoke tobacco at all, but that's just me.

3. Dont smoke before practices and save it for a reward for after the games. You'll thank me later, this is where i made my mistake my senior year and ended up playing shitty in all of my games because I was stoned off my ass...:confused::rolleyes:

4. it makes you run out of breath ALOT faster, but thats the only thing ive noticed. Other than decreased hand-eye coordination and reaction times and stuff like that. If you want to play basketball you should probably quit smoking tobacco altogether. I would recommend buying a vaporizer. i dont think weed is very harmful for your lungs, i think just smoking it is, so vaping could save your lungs and get you high.

5. Well here's a quote from Charles Oakley in 2001 regarding the NBA: "You got guys out there playing high every night.... You got 60 percent of your league on marijuana. What can you do?" Assuming he isn't exaggerating to downplay speculation into his own use of marijuana, I'd say you'll be fine with just the bud.

6. I smoke before I lift, but not before cardio (running, swimming, basketball...any sport involving cardio). I do smoke afterwards. If your a pretty healthy guy than your going to be fine. Most people run into problems when they smoke a pack a day, and then try to get back into shape. That is when you see lung capacity has diminished and shortness of breath occurs quicker and easier.

As far as those blacks go, don't inhale them. There not really filtered in any way that makes them good to inhale, just like cigars aren't meant to be inhaled. If your just looking for that nicotine buzz (you don't actually get higher really, just buzzed and high at the same time) then I would smoke a cigarette for two or three hits, whatever it take, then toss it. Personally, I think both are pretty gross. Whether you take the advice or not, when the buzz goes away, you will be addictied to the nicotine, and that is never a good place to be in. So if two good hits of a cigarette doesn't get you buzzed, I would recomend you stop now.

7. Stop smoking tobacco, and get a vaporizor. You'll have no negative effects at all.

8. Yeah i play soccer and im playing in college next year and have been wondering the same thing

to me it just makes me breath hard and tired ALOT faster like a blade said earlier...

its annoying as shit cause im pretty much always breathing hard...but it doesnt effect how long and much i can run just my breathing and i gotta work harder .

but thats w/o the tobacco...so id definitely say stop smoking blacks

9. smoking makes me realllly good at extreme smoking...

10. I kinda think that is sig-worthy. Very funny.

11. Ricky Williams.:smoke:

12. hell yeah lets get some mountain dew!! Extreme!!!!

13. heres a saying
    straight up weed to cigarettes

herb can improve reaction time in small doses

14. smoking, cigarettes, weed, running and basketball don't seem like they should even be said together in a sentence