Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whats the appropriate age to start smoking pot?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tinkerbell26, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Ive seen some threads that say 15 is too young others that think its not...so i was wondering whats the general consenus on this? I dont know i dont have kids so i cant really say what age i would think would be appropriate....i started when i was 21 lol so i dont know if i caught my 16 yr old smoking ....idk what id say other than pass the bowl? Youre not allowed to smoke anywhere but here so i can make sure youre safe....idk im lost on this one. Any other thoughts?

2. After puberty

3. id guess maybe 17 at the youngest for me cuz its one yr away from 18...by the time youre 17 youre gowing as much as youre gonna. So sad for me and my boobs :(

4. #4 Prophet, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
    In my opinion you are old enough to smoke as soon as you are old enough to:

1. Know pot is NOT "cool" and never will be.
    2. Know stealing to pay for weed is NOT ok.
    3. Keep your priorities straight and understand that getting high is not one of them.
    4. Be able to defend yourself with facts and references when confronted about smoking.
    5. Understand that smoking ANYTHING is a health hazard.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I like your answer

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. id say like 16 or 17 is alright. kids are starting younger and younger these days. i was dry and some friends of my friend offered to smoke my friend and i up. now im the last person to say no to a free sesh, so we go back to my friends house. i roll a joint, one kid packs a bowl, another rolls a PERFECT blunt. turns our the kid who rolled the blunt was 12.

7. I say 18. High school kids don't need that distraction.

8. consequences are worse if you let it distract you in college lol ....i didnt get distracted until i was a college senior but i think it had more to do with me being a senior and sick of my college ...stuck up rich kids...i actually had a dude call me a racial slur and another one asked me if i prefered black or african american ....yea i hated my college lol

9. Which do you prefer?

And that sucks :( college is supposed to be awesome. Where did you go?

10. agreed. i started when i was 14 and i think it wasn't too early for me. i wasn't buying or anything, just smoking when it was available at parties and stuff. I think you should be able to start once you are able to handle it maturely whether that be 13 or 33 years old. Most stoners i know let their first year of smoking affect their school and personal life greatly. For example, my first year affected my freshman year a lot. I got poor grades but my second year of smoking (sophomore year) i ended with a 3.8 so it wasn't that bad.

11. That's what I mean. I'm glad you were able to turn it around the next year though. :)

12. ga college and state university it was full of rich kids and the sad thing was it was a 4 yr but the size of a community college everyone knew everyone....snd everything was all about sororities if you werent in one you werent important and God if you were a minority there it was even worse i mean you ran into some real ignorant folks. I got called a racial slur this chick i thought was my friend said something really racist it was just terrible..i made a few good friends my senior yr the freshman were cool as hell i think it was bc they were from either the city of atl or like henry county and stuff so they werent like [​IMG]black person like some of the older kids were and think this is bc a lot of the older ones came from gwinett which is the suburban upper middle class neighborhoods...dont get it wrong though the blk kids who come from gwinett were just as bad except they were like [​IMG]<-----lke omg white people...yeah it was pretty fucked up there were very few normal acting peeps lol....i was so happy when i got my diploma. BTW i prefer my name KIA lol...my friend robert was like you should have been like "im old fashioned i like colored colored colored colored"

[​IMG]

13. There's really no appropriate age to start smoking weed. For some it's okay to start smoking young but for others it's not. Legally it should be 18, just like the drinking age should be. I didn't smoke weed until I was 18 but I wish I had smoked it sooner. I don't think it would have damaged my high school performance anymore than World of Warcraft did.

14. 18 your a legal adult, and can make your decisions. Plus if your parents try and drug test you, you can just say no.

15. 13 dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

16. I didn't start smoking until I was 19. And I had the opposite problem, I used weed as a motivational tool to study and I got straight A's right after I started smoking, then I continued smoking, and became entirely discouraged by the whole school system, and now I could just not care less about school, I'm more focused on actually learning shit.

17. well i think there are some studies about how kids at like age 9 can it helps with there add and other probs

but if your just smoking to get high then i'd say if your smart enough to keep you grades at passing while on it then your good

18. i started when i was a few months away from 17. to be honest, maybe if i started when i turned 18 or a bit after, maybe it would be better. cause this year or 2 makes a difference... even if your still a fucking idiot, you are less of a fucking idiot than you were before.

19. #19 fireal13, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
    Preferably age 18 or older because before the age of 18 your brain can still be developing, particularly your frontal lobe, and smoking pot CAN hinder that. Now on the other hand I started smoking long before I was 18, and I realize that not everyone will wait till age 18 or 19 just to get stoned. I would say the best age to start smoking in terms understanding the reasons for your actions and the possible consequences for them, would probably be about 16 or 17.

P.S. SWPitcher42, Starting to smoke pot at age 13 might not be the best idea, no matter how mature the 13 year old is

20. I started smoking pot eight years ago.
    I was 12.
    I feel I was rather young.

If it were my kids. I would approve after they're 13 or 14.

• Like Like x 1