Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Overcoming The Paranoia

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by njhippie, Oct 6, 2008.

1. I have smoked on and off for 2 1/2 years now but never became a pothead. I've always been an anxious person so there have been many times when weed made me paranoid.

I just got a g of some strong stuff after not smoking for like 3 weeks at all. I find that I am extra paranoid at times when my parents are around. If they get home and I'm still high I get paranoid and I get paranoid in public places.

I think its because I have a very low tolerance and its strong weed. One big hit gets me FUCKED UP.

What should I do. Smoke less (obviously), maybe take a break, smoke only 1 small hit?

What would you say?

2. Have a friend of yours hook you up with a good spot to smoke.
    It's all part of the game. I remember puffing for the first time and we did it behind a school. I got messed up, but I couldn't enjoy the high because I was paranoid of someone coming by and busting my ass.

3. if you're gonna be around your parents and you're worried that they're gonna catch you (which i'm guessing is the sole cause of your paranoia) i would either take less hits or make sure that you don't have to come home/be around them until after you've come down.

also, if your parents wouldn't be too upset, it would really ease your nerves to talk to them about it. i know this isn't feasible in every case (it's not in mine) but i'm sure it would help

4. Normally, I would say location, location, location. If you are paranoid about being busted, change locations. But since it is your parents, that will probably not be too practical. What are the odds of kind of... easing them into the idea of you blazing? I am not sure how chill your parents are or are not. If that is not an option, I'm not sure man. I mean, in theory, there is always reason to be paranoid if your 'rents are around and you are still not a blazer to them.

But, I would also say, that experience definitely helps. The more experience you have as a stoner, and ergo the more experience you have high, the lower the level of paranoia. For myself and my friends that was the case, at least.

5. I find hiding it is stupid I’ve never done anything till I felt I didn’t need to hide it from my

parents or keep it a secret most parents take shit way better if you tell them I started

smoking pot a few mounts ago and I just told my parents that I was going to do it there

going to find out they can tell and they probly already no just tell them if your just

smoking it at home and with friends there’s no harm and they shouldn’t care believe me

they did it to:)

J