How Did Getting Caught Affect Your Daily Life?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kudder, Jun 8, 2014.

1. What's up guys,

I recently had an unpleasant encounter with my parents when I showed up blazed at home one night. I usually always have visine on me, but this time I didn't, and this is what eventually got me caught. Even though they never caught me with anything besides some papers and a lighter, they were still really disappointed to learn I was toking that much (only 1-3 times a week).

My dad was with me when I told him it wasn't more dangerous than alcohol, but he was worried about it being a gateway drug, the way it was seen socially, the fact that it's illegal and the potential health risks.

Although I am 18, he asked me how I would react as a parent, and told me he would not tolerate me doing it at this frequency under his roof. When I asked if he was threatening to kick me out, he said ''of course not, I just want to follow you to make sure you make the right decisions''. We never talked about it after... does it mean I can toke like I did before? I have yet to suffer any consequences, and I think if I continue using visine I will be fine. Or is there a better way? What do you think?

How did getting caught affect your daily life? I'm interested in hearing your stories.

2. Keep trying to be stealth.  Maybe keep bringing up the info about pot vs alcohol, and other positive facts about marijuana.  Don't let your grades slip(if in school) and/or maintain a good job.  I say the main thing is show your parents your are responsible, hardworking, and an overall great person.  My parents were 'ok'(loosely used) with my lifestyle when I was about 20.

Simply being honest can work wonders.

3. My parents are randomly drug testing me and I don't wanna say no cause I can't afford to live on my own and don't wanna fuck up my relationship with them. I was caught because of my shit head bro

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 4 using Tapatalk

4. They wont kick you out.. but may kick your ass.

5. Thanks for the responses guys! I had awesome grades until my senior year, where I realized it didn't count for college. They associate weed with bad grades even though I had a 84% average while toking. I also work part-time. 
    I guess I will keep it stealth until I get my grades back up next year, and then I will be prepared to face any of their critics. 

6. \tHow Did Getting Caught Affect My Daily Life? 
    Made me more cautious and never got caught again.

7. That's probably one of the best reactions you can get from an anti-smoking parent. You were able to have a dialogue and he doesn't want it in his house or you getting in trouble. I'd respect his wishes until you're out on your own. You can think about how he'd feel if you got in trouble with the law, some parents take it like they didn't give you the right lessons. He doesn't want you to end up with a drug charge before you've even moved out into your own adult life.

8. Allowed me to smoke all day everyday and get a constant supply

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. It sucked when my parents caught me. You know how they say they're disappointed. I maintained a 91 gpa throughout highschool and they were concerned about that but I proved them wrong. Senior year I have an 88 gpa but I also work 6 days a week. At this point they only care if I get arrested.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10.        I got caught smoking in my room. I was 2 hits down from smoking out of my bong, and right when I was going for that 3rd and final hit, I hear my mom knocking on the door. At this point I was shitting my pants, so I went to open the door and she instantly said, "Are you smoking pot!?!?" Being as stoned as possible, I didn't know what to say but once she opened the door my bong, stash, and everything I had was exposed. So she took my stuff and pretty much smashed everything including my favorite bong :(. We had some sort of talk after but I don't really recall what I said lol.
           Anyways she gave me 2 options and they were: 1, stay in her house but take a weekly drug test (and I had to pay for it) or 2, leave and live somewhere else. So I obviously chose #2 and decided to live with my dad. I've been smoking ever since that day and I basically told my mom that its a part of my life, it has made me a better person and that she should except me for who I am. We now have a great relationship again and she doesn't judge me for it. My advice would be to tell your parents straight up how you feel about it. Hope this helps, it obviously did for me xD. Stay faded :smoke:

11. Tell them to read some real research not that propaganda bullshit.  And for god sakes who gives a fuck about how it looks socially? I'll tell you who.  Status obsessed people who can't think for themselves.  

12. Best bet is to dilute if you know when they are. I tried and it worked once or twice

13. Move out or don't give a F what your parents say.

14. I know this thread is a month old but your parents suck.

15. #15 IIGooGII, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    When I got caught I got something much more severe for something I wasn't even doing.

+1 for the court system... fucking bullshit felony for a distribution charge for A HALF AN OUNCE. No money, no scale. I had it in two different baggies because they were different. Apparently that's grounds for distribution here in Colorado before it was legal.

Stupid shit.

So to answer your original question, OP, my daily life has been effected for the last 3 1/2 years of my life, and until the statute of limitations runs out on my case, it will continue to do so until I'm off of papers. Fortunately I was able to manipulate the system enough to where I don't take supervised UA's, allowing me to give fake piss and pass every time. I still smoke, but because I couldn't smoke buds for a long time I switched to cigarettes, just because I like smoking- prior to I never smoked cigs and now I smoke about a pack a day. Went to jail for it, had probation, and an ass load of fines.

Still working on paying off the fines. I have something like 3500 to go. My wages are now being garnished, even after I paid them 300 bucks (in one month as a payment, apparently they didn't like that?). As soon as I get paid, taking taxes and garnishment into consideration, I make 60% of the money I work for.  40% of the time I'm at work, I'm working for the government. This has continued to effect me in the regards that I'm fucking starving and have no money. I can pay my bills, but just barely, and my gas tank rides pretty damn close to E just about everywhere I go these days. Smoking cigs gets harder to do and I've already opted out of drinking, now to cut back on cig intake. My bud pays for itself, fortunately, and whether or not it didn't it would not be something I would choose to cut back on. Being broke is too stressful to not smoke weed.

This is an old post, but I'd tell my mom to pay me back for the shit that she broke, lmao.

My dad raided my room once, but that was just because I had a friend over when he wasn't suppose to be. Told him if he broke anything that there would negative consequences on our relationship. Needless to say, when I turned 18  he gave me all of my stuff back. The bong even still had a bowl in it and although it tasted like dryer sheets, I still smoked it and still got high hahaha. Booyah, 1.5 year old weed. :laughing:

16. #16 r r, Jul 29, 2014
    Fire up Netflix.  Sit down with him and ask him to watch "The Union" with you. 
    "A culture High" (Union part 2) is due out in September so it may be a great path forward into the next episode.

[​IMG]

17. #17 bluntfists, Jul 29, 2014
    It sounds like they are worried about you. They DID do the right thing by just talking to you and not making more problems for you by kicking you out ect ect. You should respect the way they handled this situation and understand that you are living in the house they have provided for you.

I understand you are 18 and want to enjoy a herb that has never killed anyone but just keep in mind how they feel about it. Do everything you can not do get caught or if I was you I would just hold off until moving out.

When my dad caught me smoking he went ballistic. he literately wouldn't let me leave the house for 6 months it was terrible. he enrolled me in a Alternative high school thinking I was in a gang and all this shit. he kept trying to get me to go to AA meetings and church and therapists. He totally blew it wayyy out of per portion. He even went into my room one day and trashed it. threw away all my Cd's tore all the posters off the wall. strip searched me and was saying I was worshipping Satan. like the guy took the fucking covers off the plugs and even the covers off my lights it was unreal. He wanted to take the door off my room for the longest time.
         Turns out by sending me to an alternative high school it hurt my chaces of getting into a good collage. not to mention I got into way more trouble than I would of being that the only people I could be around were the fuck ups and pregnant teenagers. was a pretty fucking stupid thing to do over cannabis.

18. Do just that! I stole a couple from my dad to experiment with to see what passed which helped a whole lot

19. Damn man. I can relate to that when I was 18 or around that age too.
    Won't go into detail w/ the stories but I'll just give the important points.

1. Got so high I took the local bus back home w/ my back pack which had a grinder, papers, weed, a metal bill piece. Well forgot my backpack on the bus and only realized I didn't have it after 10m of walking home from the bus stop. Spent the next 3 hrs or so trying to convince my parents the bag was stolen. They bought it finally. Then we get a call from the police station saying they found my bag and they want me to come in. That was the first time I had to admit to my parents bout smoking. My mom broke down crying, and my dad just said he was disappointed in me and to go to my room.

2. Was doing parkour w/ some buddies and we climbed  a school and found a soccer ball so we played around. Then we climbed back down and as were leaving, we see a cop car go off road and gunning it for us. Turns out like 5-6 houses called the cops on us. He got all our info and the cop found like maybe .7 in my bag which he made me throw away. 

3. And finally, the last time I got caught...was actually the funniest looking back @ it. Was smoking in my sauna (I was a little shit back then) and I had thought my mom went to sleep so the coast was clear. Turns out she came back down to talk to my sister bout something...and my sister was talking to me in the sauna trying to give me shit about smoking. All I see is my mom's face pop up in the sauna door window as I'm about to exhale a huge ass hit. I got so scared I held in the smoke and ghosted it. My mom's like "oh there you are" while everything was out in the open, weed, grinder, all of it. Turns around and walks off. Never talked to me about it, but she did see. I ofcourse raged at my sister cause she shouldnt have been in there with me. But then again, I shouldn't have smoked in there in the first place.

All these situations have made me real...cautious. Don't get me wrong, I'm very chill and I hate being paranoid when I'm smoking in the public. Most of the time, its okay. But these situations have since changed the way I smoke, who I'm around when I do, and how I act when I do. Haven't been caught since. Well, I have but my parents are more accepting of it (my dad smokes rarely). I even once rolled him joints and smoked up with him! :p

20. OP if your dad thinks 1-3 times a week is excessive then you should have him meet some gc members  :p