Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Spirit of God and Marijuana

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Hi blades,

I will keep this short, but how many of you have connected with god more after smoking marijuana? For me, I can also understand when something is right or wrong easier. I can tell if my actions are TRULY appropriate. I feel that marijuana connects you with god and it's your chance to listen.

Perhaps all those people who suffer from 'induced anxiety' just wake up to reality; and the weed shows them that they need to improve in life.

2. I am a catholic due to my parents raising me. However after having science classes for over 18 years, evolution trumps creation and god.

However my concience does come out when im baked, yea

3. But don't you get a feeling in your gut when you're making a decision ; 'was this bad or good?' why are you asking yourself that?

4. Because we as humans are brought up to be selfless and make good choices, yet in out rains we want the path that benefits us. Which isnt always the honest path. So we have that good or bad thought in our head. But yea i get that and i feel i always make the right choice high

5. I've connected with god after some unmentionables... it might be possible in deep meditation with weed i guess

6. This is exactly why I don't believe in religion. You say you can make decisions on what's right and wrong when high, but in reality there is no such thing as right and wrong. This is where religion fails, it's man made laws telling you what you can and cannot do just because they say god thinks that. Is it wrong to smoke weed? No, but explain that to about 45% of the population who thinks using drugs is a sin.
    I don't believe in god, but I believe in spirit and a right way to live your life. But at the same time my ideas are wrong to my neighbor and my neighbor's ideas are wrong from my neighbor's neighbor. Not to be confusing and bash your post but I don't think the ideology of behind what's right and wrong has any prevalence in god or the afterlife.

7. #7 OGmcgibblets, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    if anything i feel as weed as made me more attuned to society/reglion and my atheism. its almost as if after your first blaze/high, you see the world differently?

8. I think your just stoned.

9. Genesis 1:29-30 puts it in pretty simple,easy to understand format.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every plant bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, which has seed in its fruit; to you it shall be for food.
    30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creeps upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green plant for food: and it was so.

Can anyone say "edibles"

10. I don't believe in god myself, but I too feel more spiritual when high. I actually believe that drugs can get you closer to your spiritual side than any religion! When I used to be catholic when I was a kid, I remember always waiting for answers from god. Today, if I had to ask myself a really big question, instead of praying to god I would get high and then answer that question in a different perspective and state of mind. Things become much more 'revealed' when baked. You can easily just name off the top of your head some things that make you happy in life, and many of them are simple and have been around you the whole time :) This spiritual side lets you just chillax and enjoy the moment and become satisfied!! When you're asking god questions all the time, you'll never get satisfied!

Hope that made sense, I'm pretty spiritual at the moment ;)

11. I don't believe in a "god". But when I mixed weed with a certain meditation it really helped me to get in a deeper state much quicker. In turn i feel like it helped me become more aware of my natural self and made me feel more connected with the earth.
    Basically I'm turning into a hippie..

12. I think weed helps me perceive the 'essence' of life... or god if you wanna give it that name. Either way I always feel more spiritually aware after a toke and I often tend to make better conscious decisions.

13. #13 CannabisKills, Feb 16, 2013
    This video has brought much insight to me, truly mind blowing. Everything that we perceive to exist is only "real" because of electrical signals interpreted by our brain. In theory, it could be possible to hook a brain to a computer and send certain electrical signals through (which the brain interprets as images, sounds, feelings, tastes, etc.) which make the "person" think he or she is really alive but is in some kind of virtual reality. If all of these brains were connected, maybe they could all interact within some system like The Matrix. Anything that exists outside of the brain is only perceived to be real, this doesn't mean it is. Just because you "see" a brain outside of a skull doesn't mean it actually exists, because it could be that you're simply being tricked.

The Matrix starts to seem like quite a reality now. Are we being harvested by robots for fuel? Probably not, but it allows for reasonable discussion about the real possibility of a creator/God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqnEGu8VF8Y

14. Ha just watched a futurama episode on that where they copy the matrix and hook everyone up to machines and use their bodies as energy. Meanwhile you are unconscious in a virtual reality world. Basically they just bashed the matrix, but it was funny to read your post after watching that.

15. #15 420neverforget, Feb 16, 2013
    Romans 13:1 ESV
    Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority?

OP, which god are you connecting with? How do you know which one?

16. i was raised catholic but my beliefs have changed and i realise the only reason i believed in god was because i was scared of going to hell. i am now an atheist and i believe that weed helped me open my eyes to this. however i probally would of came to this conclusion anyways if i never smoked

17. Marijuana in the Bible | Patients for Medical Cannabis

18. I don't believe in god. I believe in marijuana.

19. @OP - I deffinetly agree that weed connects us to God. Capital G. There are no other gods greater than God. Every time I smoke I feel that I'm being guided, I figure out what I need to improve on.

20. In India the origin of Cannabis, the early Hunter gatherers that later form the Dharmic and Tantric religion of India praised Cannabis and used it ritualistically. Even today there are many holy men and women in India that consume large amounts of Cannabis throughout the day and meditate with it. You will notice the ones that are very disciplined, because they can have large amounts and still be on point and focused. This is something I am striving for, but I have a long ass way to go. Shiva in the Hindu philosophy is the Lord of Charas. He smokes Cannabis while being ash clad sitting in cremation grounds with ghost and jackals around him. Ganja is also the Divine mother (another aspect of God). The Bud itself is feminine. It is said that Shakti (the divine mother) works to bring one back to realization of their innate Oneness with God. Shakti is the ganja.

Hare Hare Ganja