Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got arrested, need advice

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BrandonBlunts, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Alright guys, last night me and two other friends were arrested. This is my first charge and I was charged with possession of marijuana under 50 grams. It says its not a misdemeanor, but a disorderly persons charge. I live in New Jersey by the way. I know everybody is going to be like, meh meh meh, check norml for the laws of new jersey, well I already did that.

What I want to know is what happened to others that were arrested in new jersey for the same charge. I go to court next month, and I just wanna know what I am expecting. I am 18, and will this essentially fuck my life over? It was one joint I had in my friends car so it wasn't like I had actual weight on me.

Is this gunna fuck me over for life? Is it possible they will drop the charge, probably not, just wondering though. And will it always stay on my record? And if anybody has experience with being arrested in NJ for the same thing, what happened to you?

Thanks blades.

2. Is this gunna fuck me over for life?
    Maybe
    Is it possible they will drop the charge, probably not, just wondering though.
    Not unless the court is too busy to handle your case.
    And will it always stay on my record?
    Are you over 18? Then yes.
    And if anybody has experience with being arrested in NJ for the same thing, what happened to you?
    Same thing that happens anywhere else, you go to court, get your punishment (You wont go to jail)

3. You'll be fine.

4. Stop stressing. It's a first offense with just a joint. You will live

Should of ate the joint.

5. Dude the cop pulled us over and it felt like 5 seconds before he was at our window. He was one fast guy.

6. [quote name='"moonman840"']Stop stressing. It's a first offense with just a joint. You will live

Should of ate the joint.[/quote]

And if the cop catches you eating it say hello to a felony. Stupid fucking idea.

7. #7 Lulla, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    Dude the cop pulled us over and it felt like 5 seconds before he was at our window. He was one fast guy.[/QUOTE]
    Don't worry man, it happens to the best of us. When the light are on you the first time you can buckle up really quick under the pressure.

I had a similar instant, but it was in a state with very different enforcement of marijuana. I'm not sure what a "disorderly persons" charge is, but you'll probably be able to get it dismissed and expunged if you have a good lawyer. But maybe such a lowly charge isn't worth getting expunged. Just call a lawyer and get free consultation.... it'll be you best bet with getting accurate information about your best options.

8. it is a misdemeanor tort.... won't effect even a fed backed student loan acceptance.

9. In NJ you can push for a conditional discharge (and pay a shit ton of fines) on a first MJ offense under 50g. It's very common, and I personally know more than a few people who have done that successfully in Jersey.

BUT, if you go for it, you better have a clean record otherwise. Judges don't like to give people a get out of jail free card if they have prior offenses of any type.

It also helps if you are a full time student or gainfully employed.

10. I do have a clean record and I never have even got a ticket or even pulled over while driving.

Do you think its worth it to hire a lawyer or just take what the fine could be? It says a maxium one of $1000, but is it definite that I would get that? Lawyers do cost alot and I'd rather just take whatever is going to cost me less, but a lawyer does sound good for getting it expunged.

11. One of my friends got busted with a dirty bowl in Jersey. Went to his court date with no lawyer. Just talked to the prosecutor, explained it was his first time ever getting in any trouble, and asked if a conditional discharge was possible. He got one.

I'm not saying it's a definite in all situations. Just relating one experience I know of for certain.

12. [quote name='"BrandonBlunts"']

Dude the cop pulled us over and it felt like 5 seconds before he was at our window. He was one fast guy.[/quote]

That's why you don't stop til there's no evidence :SMH:

13. I got arrested when i was minor for only a tiny amount of 0.5grams(NJ really sucks) what happened was i went to court talked to a prosecutor had to be on 6 month probation and complete a drug program. Since your 18 it will most likely stay on your record

14. legalize it already. shit.

15. Thanks for all of your responses guys. It looks like I'm getting a lawyer. I really hope he can convince the judge to lessen the charge or fine because it is my first offense and it was only one tiny joint.

One can hope! And if I were to be caught with weed again in NJ, it would be a felony correct? I don't plan on it, since I think I might be stopping for a little bit due to this ordeal.

16. Damn my friend! This is the reasons Marijuana needs to be legalized asap. People getting booked for this type of bullshit.

17. Thanks for all the advice again guys. I'm going to court the 13th so I'll let you all know what happens.

But has anybody ever been in this situation before in NJ? And if so what happened to you? Hopefully you had no prior record like myself so it could be more accurate to what might happen to me.