Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can you catch herpes from sharing a blunt?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by inestor93, Jul 6, 2012.

1. so my friend jus found out he has lip herpes..or mouth waterever its called...but anyways he hit me up if i wanted to go smoke at his house....should i go?I jus remember watchin How High when they dont pass it to the arabian dude cuz he has warts in his lips or something...but is that really true.?my friend said he picked up some northern lights...thats the only reason i wanna head to his place...but fuck...should i go?:confused::smoke:

2. Dont do it

3. I honestly doubt you'll catch anything from it, but goddamn! A blunt of Northern Lights is well worth a cold sore for a couple of days.

4. #4 Bunny Wailer, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    Just looked it up. If he has an active sore, don't do it. The virus stays in you forever, symptoms will go away, but they could occasionally come back.

5. Herpes is for life, bro.

6. Roll 2 separate joints? If not just go chill wit him the dude has herpes it dosent make it any better when people start treating him like a disease just don't let ur lips come into contact with his infection simple enough

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yoo just bring some j paps to him and roll one for the dome. That way you don't share.

8. Is it even the contagious kind? Because if its not contagious I dont see a problem.

9. HPV is highly contagious. It is on everything you touch. It is what causes any type of wart, hand, genital, foot. I would suggest hanging out with him because that is lame if you don't. Just be like "dude I won't wanna get that" and bring your own piece or roll your own joint!

10. It's a damn cold sore. EVERYONE has had a cold sore before. Yeah they suck, but it isn't like a cold sore means you're gonna look down at your dick one day and be "FUCK! I GOT HERPES!" I never have anyway, and I've had my share of cold sores in my lifetime.

11. I feel u we've been smoking since grade school..cool guy...thinking about jus takin my bong...maybe i can jus clean it with my hand like when u let somebody drink from your drank...:smoke::bongin: or if not jus be straight up with him & roll 2 joints like everyone else said...headin to his place after this post...let ya know if i catch anythin.ha

12. hit the blunt through your finger tips
    i ussally dont put my mouth on parts another person has anyway unless it was a hot girl or something

13. js its not gunna seem worth it after your sesh and you go home and a week after that you have herpes

14. Uh no. There's two main kinds of sores in the mouth. Cold sores, which is herpes, or canker sores, which are not herpes. I have NEVER had a cold sore, because I do not have herpes. I have had canker sores though.

15. I have smoked bowls and shared joints with my cousin who also has lip herpes. I didn't get anything..

16. [quote name='"Weasel King"']

Uh no. There's two main kinds of sores in the mouth. Cold sores, which is herpes, or canker sores, which are not herpes. I have NEVER had a cold sore, because I do not have herpes. I have had canker sores though.[/quote]

What's the difference? Besides one of em not beings herpes lol I mean are they similar with symptoms?

17. They're pretty easy to tell apart.

18. Lol I never had one so I wouldn't know

19. You can get a nice case of mouth herpes

20. if you get herpes from him then people who don't know you smoke might think you two are gay.... no offense to people who are actually homosexual though