Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed's effect on shyness?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ladd Russo, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Ok so I really hate drinking and would quite like to never drink again. The problem is I'm really shy and alcohol really helps me talk to people when I'm in nightclubs. Does weed have any effect on shyness and do you think I would be able to replace alcohol with it? I already smoke, I just haven't used it in this way before.

2. Try it and tell us how it went.

3. Personally weed works more as a mood enhancer.

If I'm in a chatty, outgoing mood, smoking will make me stay like that, and it also works the other way around.

It also depends on the quality and quantity of what you're smoking, since you can either be euphoric and energetic or just plain-out couch-locked, too busy thinking about random stuff.

(This might be totally wrong, it's just what I've experienced.)

4. No one can tell you, just try it an u get an answer.

5. It's definitely different for every single person. I know people that get high and are quieter than usual. However, I also know the unfortunate few people who toke and don't stop talking until they sober up :p

6. Weed makes me not know what to say to bitches. When I'm popping bottles i flow with my game so much more, just advice.

7. It effects everyone differently.

8. It affects everyone differently.

But if you believe it will make you more social, and purposely use it to become less shy, then I think that will make a difference. Placebos work.

9. i started smoking in april and it made me more social lol.
    one reason is almost all of the kids in my school smoke so we have alot to talk about, music, people, bud, ect. it boosted my confidence i guess i can say, made me feel better

10. I used to be completely silent when I got high. But now I'm just chill and have no problem talking to people.

But when I'm alone or with my gf at night I prefer to toke till I'm mute.

11. What's your personality type? Are you highly introverted or an shy extrovert? Different strain type tend to affect people differently but the key is don't smoke a lot or hold your hits for long time if your going to an social event such as night clubs, also search up on Indica strains they tend to relieve anxiety especially if it has an High CBD/Low THC ratio.

I know there are also some articles, hope somebody can back me up on this.

12. Weed gives me that YOLO mentality that helps me talk to chicks.

13. It can go other way for me. Depends on the people I'm around.

14. #14 Hauswaldx, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    Yolo

15. I mean if I get high and go to the club im not going to be that social but it I kick back and smoke a blunt with someone I will be very social

16. Weed brings me out and makes me more social. I just wanna talk about anything and I know exactly what to say to randoms.

Alcohol makes me want to party and dance and stupid shit like that.

17. When I'm high I chose and weigh my words a lot more than I do when I'm sober and especially if I'm drinking. I'm not one to say stupid shit when I'm drinking but I'm definitively more thoughtful stoned.

18. Eh, I'd recommend gettin' over the shyness on your own first...That shit will eat at ya later, chief.:cool:

19. If you are naturally shy it may make it a lot worse.
    But some people say it chills them out and makes it easier to communicate.
    It depends on the individual I guess.

20. I randomly texted 2 particularly attractive females that their hot as fuck yesterday and now I'm regularly talking to them all thanks to cannabis.