Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it okay to smoke as a christian?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by swaqqer, Jun 21, 2012.

1. are christians okay to use this herb?
    can you guys show me some bible verses or something?

2. Personally I am not christian and all christians have different values.

I asked my local high priest and he told me that all drugs are against the christian faith as they are poison for you body. I decided not to educate him on the benignity of cannabis and simply said ok.

It all is about personal values. It says in the bible that god made all plantlife. Cannabis was made by god.

Also it seems to be evidence toward the existence of intelligent design, I mean what are the chances of a plant evolving to be completely benign to humans and have so many uses such as clothes, paper, oil, recreation, sacrament, and last but of course not least--medicine.

3. Bro you can be whatever the hell you want,And you can smoke whatever he hell you want (I'm wasted) -.-,Don't let nothin stop you

4. Do you really want to be a Christian if your god thinks it's a sin to smoke a plant that he apparently put here and gave intoxicating properties to? ;)

Anyhow though, there are plenty of Christians who smoke pot. There are Bible verses that people have interpreted as meaning that it's okay to smoke marijuana, and there are Bible verses that people have interpreted to mean it's not okay to smoke marijuana.

Basically, pick your favorite interpretation. :p

5. I feel like God would rather much prefer a peaceful, calm, and responsible citizen who happens to smoke marijuana than a immature, disrespectful individual who has strong faith.

6. Im not consider a christian but if my mom hear that she will fucking kill me.My family is christians. I know a lot of bible verse, I go to sunday class. Reason why i say im not a christian because i dont practice the religion like im suppose to.ppl say christianity is not a religion is a relationship. But im not feelin' no relationship. I still thank God for my life but my point is "I go to church but I still smoke weed". Its your choice man. No one else

7. This is coming from my Christian point of view.

Basically, you will always be a sinner, right? And a sin is a sin is a sin, right? So if I'm going to sin, I would rather smoke pot than lie, cheat, steal, etc. etc. This is going on the theory that it IS wrong to smoke pot.

I think that it was put on this earth by God, but then by that same token so was tobacco and poison ivy and mosquitoes.

Also: Never let anyone tell you what to believe. Use the brain God gave you, do some research, and don't be misled by blind fools who use the Bible to fit their interpretations of life. Challenge your beliefs and your faith, they will become stronger as a result. God is pictured as an elderly white man with a glowing white beard in the clouds, and Jesus is often portrayed as white too. Jesus was a jew and nobody can say whether God looks like that.

8. Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds. ” And it was so.

This is the 11th Verse in the book of Genesis. Marijuana is a plant that produces seeds.

Happy smoking!

9. Who cares what the book you follow says? If you want to then do it, don't let your religious views impact your life so much you can't enjoy something as fun and as harmless as good ol Mary Jane. I myself am atheist so I can't really answer your question technically but in a way I just did.

10. #11 Jayjangle, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
    People spend way too much time defining 'proper behavior' according to the bible rather than proper virtue and resolve. I was a youth minister for some years in my teens (before leaving and currently being undecided on faith) and after I read basically the whole bible (KJV) around three times, I noticed that the scripture rarely discusses behavior as it is; it almost always is discussed in regard to virtue and the entire self, therefore, technically everything can be good or bad based on who you are and the path you're headed down. Except of course things like murder, adultery, thievery, violence...basically things that always involves third parties and are always destructive to them.

After this rant, my point is that the use of drugs (yes, even cannabis) is always vague because it is only suggested (indirectly albeit) bad or good based on various factors. I highly doubt God, if you believe in him, would damn you to hell for smoking some bud throughout a life of giving, sacrifice, and compassion.

11. The bible contradicts itself on this subject but it does say to remain sober.

12. Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Psalm 104 : 14 He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

13. This ^

14. hemp is natural. Of course... Lol?

15. the anointing oil christ used is actually believed to have 9 pounds of cannabis in it its called kaneh-bosm in hebrew

16. [quote name='"Javarius Reptar"']The bible contradicts itself on this subject but it does say to remain sober.[/quote]

Why does it speak of wine

17. OMG I thought of including that in my post so somebody wouldn't try and call me out on it, Wine back then was GRAPE JUICE. the alcohol content in it was extremely low.

18. Jesus is all like "hey bros, I made you some wine from this water you had sitting here!"
    "Oh, that rocks, thanks Jesus!"
    "Yeah no problem. By the way, it's only like 1% alcohol."

"Jesus, you jerk."

19. LMAO suprised I haven't seen that on FB yet!