Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed and minimizing risks during random drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dnos, Jun 19, 2012.

1. I have found very little information on this topic and wanted to know if anyone else in this situation or has any advice...

I have a job that conducts random drug testing, but i still intend to smoke weed every now and then. At the same time though i would like to minimize the risk of detection on one of these test if it were to ever happen.

Erowid and other internet sources say that smoking once only makes it detectable 1-6 days (usually 3 days on average). 3-9 days if done weekly.

Lets say your starting off completely clean and able to pass a test. By that logic you could smoke on friday and be clean by monday/tuesday. But at the same time smoking weekly increases that number to 3-9 days.

So my question is, how often would i be able to smoke and still have it fall in that single use period? Every two weeks? Every three weeks? ect.

I know its likely to have some overlap where i would be at work and still be able to test positive, but the what im trying to do is minimize the risk of that happening. The test are most likely GC-MS 15-20 ng/ml piss test.

Also im 5' 11'' 145lbs. skinny to average guy if that matters, and the use of synthetics are not possible due to security checks at work, too risky and not worth that risk. Don't trust them anyways. They use to work fine in the past but drug testing is getting smarter about them.

Im afraid to hear that i might be able to smoke only once a month =(, but any input is appreciated.

2. Do you have a fast metabolism? Because if you only smoke occasionally and you already have a high metabolism, you'll probably be clean in just a few days. Do you exercise a lot, eat a lot, ect? If so you could probably smoke and piss clean in two or three days, especially since you don't have a lot of body fat. Even if you smoke weekly. If you wait two weeks between sessions, I'm sure you'd have absolutely nothing to worry about. Unless you get randomed the next day, then you're probably toast either way.

3. just always smoke right after you get tested and then wait until the next test to smoke again

• Like Like x 1
  4. only smoke maybe like 3 days in a row after a test like mentioned above. if you do not have a strong attachment to your current workplace, maybe keep watch on all the job websites for a job very similar that wont test randomly only pre employment. if you intend on smoking and would like to however much you please without worry.

5. I actually do have a fast metabolism. I do not exercise but it wouldn't hurt to start as i can see how this would help to rid it from my system faster as well as being healthier overall. Eat about 2-3 meals a day each meal about the size of value meal at Mc. Donalds. Not the most fat free example but just an estimate for how much I eat a meal. This is a lot better news than what i was expecting. I know its a risk but the other option would be to not smoke till i retire (which blows, and would be about 30-40 years from now), or find another job with different policies. The only part that throws me off is the sensitivity of the test which im hoping is 50 ng/ml instead of 20.
    Ive been at this job for 2 years in the past (I didn't smoke at that time tho. Ended up resigning due to reasons i wont get in to, but recently got my job back with them) and have been random drug tested only 1 time during that 2 year timeframe. So id say its pretty rare or just completely random who gets pulled for it as the employee pool is quite large where i work. That said, i love the job and don't want to fuck it up and just wish to be as careful as i can, while still being able to enjoy myself during my own personal time. Perhaps finding a similar job would be an option too while i am doing this. Really miss the days of not having to worry about all this shit. Appreciate the advice.

6. so whatever came of this? i have found myself in the exact situation as OP. I also have a similar body type, about 5'10ish, 140 pounds, FAST metabolism, My job requires LOTS of walking, around 3-6 miles per day, so im definitely active.

i got my job in December, they conducted a "LabCorp" pre employment drug test (DOT) i believe(it was hard enought to pass that shit, but thats besides the point, i passed and have now been working there for about 2 months). the dude who trained me told me, having only been working there 9 months, had already been randomed twice. so i understand that randoms will happen.

as a substitute i looked into synthetic marijuana, about a week ago i saw on the news some girl in texas had like 4 strokes and went blind from it, so that is no longer an option

i have been clean from marijuana for about 4 months now, i do not plan on smoking at all until i get my first random at this job (just to see what the procedure is like)

...now ive been working 2 jobs sometimes 7 days a week+overtime, and when i finally get that day off to myself all i wanna do is get fucking stoned and i cant?! cuz of this random drug test bullshit i have to worry about?! so far from all the research i can ascertain is the synthetic urine. ive heard mostly about quickfix, mostly good reviews of quickfix, however ive seen 1 or 2 negtives on it. can ANYONE who has been subjected to random DOT or otherwise drug screens please contribute there story/situation, and how it went down. if it means carrying a bottle of fake piss with me everyday, so be it. but how reliable is this shit?

7. bump...please someone talk to me about this.

8. bump...anybody out there who has a job that randoms and continues to smoke marijuana!?!?!?!? come on guys i wanna get HIGH!!!!!!

9. fuck man. i have the same situation. found this through a google search. right now, i figure that i need 3 full days before returning to work. so if I take a vacation day on a monday, I can smoke on Friday night. sometimes i take off monday and tuesday, then i can smoke friday and all day saturday. try to excercise and drink lots of beer for the remaining 3 days, because beer makes you piss and the alcohol kind of cleans your tubes. so basically i can smoke around once a month, because of holidays and such help out. fuckin A man. I know your pain. weed has GOT to be legalized for responsible adult use. it is just fuckin ridiculous. I know there are lots of detox products and such, but in my mind it is way too risky, because i need my job 100%... idk what else to tell ya man. legalize it. peace.

10. anyone found a solution to this? going through the same shit