Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijana as a laxitive

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by winnipegtoker, May 19, 2012.

1. So iv been toking for around 3 years and about 2 months ago I started having abnormal diarrhea. At first I thought it was from something else like what I was eating but that didn't really help it.so I began to notice that right when I smoked weed about 5 minutes later I was taking a shit.so then I stopped smoking weed for about a week and I didn't have any diarrhea or abdominal pain.I know my pains are for sure from weed because whenever I "binge" on pot the "shits" always come back to haunt me. So my question is this, is anyone else have the same thing an is there a name for the condition I have? Or a cure?(besides stop smoking weed :D)

2. IBS? Marijuanas?

3. I have never experienced this, but are you sure? Correlation doesn't equal causation.

I mean I'm all for finding the negative effects of bud, but I don't know about diarrhea.

4. I am 110% it's weed that causes it. I am not trying to make weed look bad or anything I'm just trying to see if anyone else has experiences this.

5. I have no problem with bad effects of weed, I was just saying I've never experienced or heard of it. I usually try to stay up to date with possible negative effects.

The only information I could find on this was that contaminated bud could, usually via animal/insect droppings.

6. [quote name='"Dissec"']

I have no problem with bad effects of weed, I was just saying I've never experienced or heard of it. I usually try to stay up to date with possible negative effects.

The only information I could find on this was that contaminated bud could, usually via animal/insect droppings.[/quote]

Thx man I think I'll have to buy a vape so only the thc burns and not the animal poop.

7. I actually do sync pooping and smoking sometimes.
    I think there is a good chance its just a coincidence, however you do seem fairly confident it is the weed.
    Perhaps sometimes you get high, eat relatively unhealthy/greasy foods, smoke the next day at roughly the same time as the day before and VIOLA!
    Marijuana runs.

8. I wouldn't rely on that to be honest, I would try to get bud without animal poop lol

Or you could water cure and dry the bud, that should take care of your problem. At least the site I found that info on said it should (it said the bud just needs to be dried well enough, but a water cure to be safe).

9. I get this too, I'll get pain in my stomach sometimes and I know its from weed cause whenever I stop it goes away. I also have diarrhea a lot. I've heard that weed lowers stomach acid so if that is the case it would explain the diarrhea. The stomach pain is possibly gastroparesis since weed slows down digestion.

10. Idunno I'd say it's not caused by the weed itself, but by getting high and eating a shit ton of food... and then you shit... That is cause and effect.

Coincidence that you get high and shit isn't really proof of that. but if you get high and eat a bunch of food it only makes sense that you're gonna shit more.

Then again sometimes I get high and eat shredded mexican cheese out of the bag and I won't shit for 3 days.

11. you're excited to get high so you need to dump.
    :confused:

12. hey man i smoke marijuana to cure diarrhea... hmmmm have you been swallowing smoke that is dirty like the guy mentioned?

13. when i smoke a cig i have to take a shit after, but i figured it's cause i am human and gotta take a shit

14. yea it probably is the weed. speaking of our shit, you know your a real pothead when you shit green every time.

15. Nah bro, that's when you know you need to see a doctor.

16. I don't know about Marijuana acting as a laxative, but my shit smells like weed after a sesh'

17. lovely topic.. if you havent already, try changing up your diet. i used to have bad stomach problems while i was at school this past year, and the only things i really put into my body daily or almost daily were weed and the caf food. stopped eating the caf food since ive been home, obviously, and all those problems have disappeared.

18. I always have trouble getting my turd out when I'm high

19. I would wonder if the OP got some weed that was poorly flushed and had a lot of nute residue? I don't know if that would be a factor or not, but could be.

20. Naw I usually have to take a shit right before I'm a go outside to smoke