Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

You guys ever notice...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Valcurium, Mar 16, 2012.

1. #1 Valcurium, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    That a lot of ideas people have when they're high are generally looked at like a joke, when a good amount of them are actually logical and hold merit? Maybe I just have a fucked up sense of logic, but I consider a lot of my highdeas (or high-theories) to potentially be true and rational. Here's an example of a theory I had when I was high:

Maybe people with sleeping disorders cant sleep because subconsciously there's a reason why they don't want to sleep. (They feel the experiences of life, however depressing they may be, are better than the delusions of dreaming perhaps? Maybe something else?)...

-here's where the idea branched off a little-

...Every person can be helped by attending to them (the person) in the correct way; every person requires a certain action or certain delivery of a verbal message to do a specific action in return. This means that drugs that chemically effect the body and brain in unnatural ways (synthetics) are not necessarily the only option to solve behavioral and habitual habits amongst human beings. But every human requires a very certain way they are interacted with to be able to fulfill that which is desired of them. You need a certain level of true empathy to reach these people and unlock the reactions you are looking for. This is manipulation more or less; for the better or for the worst.

So what do you guys think? does this sound logical and accurate (and more importantly possibly true) to you? Or am I just another stoner who thinks too hard about shit? haha

Also, do you feel that society generally looks down (or just dismisses) highdeas without any consideration?

2. I've had plenty on instances when i've started an idea/story to somebody, who is interested in what i'm saying. Only to dismiss it when i mention i was stoned at the time.

I've had some amazing ideas when stoned but don't get me wrong, for every 1 good idea ive had another 10 insane ones. I think weed just gives you the time and inclination to want to think of something more than just something superficial and to think out of the box.

3. Your idea holds plenty of merit. Who shot it down? It's written in psychology textbooks and has been thoroughly discussed by philosophers. Most people with any level of mindfulness have thought this at least once. Anyone who thinks it's stupid needs to open their mind a little more.

As far as society goes, sure highdeas are generally shot down; being high is shot down, so anything that has anything to do with it will be lumped in. Sad but true. That's why you don't care what others think (with exceptions, of course) and do what you want. Follow whatever highdea you create :smoke:

4. I had this idea that in soda machines, instead of regular ice you could choose to have the ice come out in the flavor of soda you got. Like for dr. pepper it would be , dr. pepper ice cubes. So your drink never gets watery. They would have to find a way to keep the ice cubes carbonated though. I mean they have those crazy coke machines now that you can make crazy drink combinations from the same nozzle...just a high thought I had last week.

Good idea or no?

Would you guys

5. Would we what? :laughing:

Sounds like a good idea, although I don't think any place would ever actually implement it, due to the cost of it.

6. lol didn't notice I put that.

Yeah tru. But we can still do them at home. For mixed drinks or cocktails. :smoke:

7. Every idea, thought and brain function...

Is all possible because of potassium and sodium chemical reactions.

We are walking chemistry experiments. it doesnt matter if youre high or not.

8. This sounds really cool :) please elaborate.

9. i know exactly what you mean, but i, unfortunately, forget every idea i get while high

10. Yea but surely weed has the ability to spark creative thinking or atleast lend a hand.

11. I agree with you however I recall coming out with "Do you think elephants are scared of mice because they might not know how big they are themselves and have, like, zoomed in vision or something..?"

Ahaha :smoke:

12. No. I have insomnia, and I can't sleep at all w/o marijuana. (I've got a medical marijuana card for it).

Been like that sense i WAS BORN.

13. Its just brain chemistry man, ill post a more in depth link or two when I get back to my home computer, I hate trying to post links while on my phone...

I agree to an extent but I first and foremost I believe the creativity is there to begin with. I think drugs allow you to look outside your percieved world for sure. However, that doesnt mean youre seeing or thinking something totally new or foreign, you just have the ability to see whats been there all along, ya know?

14. I also have some pretty awesome ideas and think everyone elses way of doing things are pretty stupid and mind would be better...

but being bad at explaining things i usually just don't share my amazings ideas and watch as other people fail

15. 1st time i've read the expression highdeas (and am already in love) .... dude u embrace the high exactly like i do (i couldnt find a better expression)... a dude once recommended that i read for sigmund froid or frederic niche (psychology in general) and am gonna do the same "u have to do so" if u dont like books u could take it as a course at any university

16. and btw .... highdeas are effective am a senior at college and i proposed a highdea for my graduation project ... everyone was stunned by the way i came up with it ... i think highdeas would be applicable in businesses too

17. Your right man. It opens your mind to new idea's in the making.

18. Freud was a bitch.

Nietzsche was allright.

Neither of them are to be taken seriously though. Lol.

19. am not saying u should believe in everything they say .... thats the first rule about reading 2 anyone ... though ... ull be able to express and come up with ur own ideas much better ... regardless of the fact that i wouldnt touch such books b4 .... but after discovering reading 4 these 2 "while high" i became addicted

20. ok tell me this isn't a good idea no? This is one I came up with like 5 years ago.

In cars, instead of having to jack up your car with a jack (most women and elderly people cannot do this) there is a auto jack at each tire. Kinda like a hydraulic pump that makes a metal round bar come out the frame slowly to lift what ever side you need. You could do all 4 or just 1 if you wanted too. Think how easy working on cars and oil changes would be? Or if you get a flat tire in a shitty ass shoulder lane and you have that shitty ass little jack to raise that shit up, fuck that shit

I know it would be kinda dangerous if they came out while driving but you could fix that. Maybe put a manuel safty future where you actually had to get out of the car and take off the lock or some shit.

I don't know, just a high thought I had one day that I just remembered. :smoking: