Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana is preventing me from dreaming?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Martinsaurusrex, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Hey all, so I've noticed something, in the past few years if very heavy consumption, I've noticed I don't dream anymore (well I do just I don't remember them in the morning). Is there any way to get this ability back while still consuming as much as I do? My diet is normal and I get plenty of excercise. So its not a physical issue I don't think.

2. You forget 90% of any dream 5 seconds after you wake up

3. Lots of people have this happen from smoking. Personally I dream like crazy when I smoke, but everyone is different.

Aside from cutting down on your weed consumption, you could try basic exercises to remember dreams better, like keeping a dream journal next to your bed and writing down everything you can remember as soon as you start waking up.

4. you misspelled 10 minutes 15 Interesting Facts about Dreams | Bored Panda

i don't dream typically after smoking either. a full nights rest is important, going to bed at 10 PM or perhaps even earlier can aid in the dream process.

there are major exceptions to this rule, i smoked a lot last night and had several very vivid dreams, and my girlfriend starts dreaming seconds after she falls asleep (literally) whether she's smoking or not.

if you want to dream, don't smoke before bed and go to bed at a decent hour

5. whoa, im complete opposite. i dream more when i smoke before bed. lol but what junkie said, dream journal right when you wake up. write evrything you can remember right away. after years of practice it is said youll remember dreams much more clearly

6. Yeah but see, I've tried all these things, I've taken several long tolerance breaks (one of almost 3 months) and to no avail. I used to be able to lucid dream as well so I'm used to the concept of writing my dreams down right as I wake up, but even now when I try to do that I don't get anything. I've tried going to sleep sober as well and at a decent hour and it doesn't help. :(

7. If I've been smoking for more than one day, then my dreams get suppressed and come back lucid when I'm breaking.

But if I EAT weed before sleeping, I'm heavy sleeping, with like 5 different full-length dreams.

8. I literally never dream. Not in years and years.

9. Bout to throw ya some knowledge. There is quite a few studies that say weed affects REM sleep, either by lessening the amount you get of it or the quality of it. I wouldn't go as far as to say their completely proven, but there has definitely been some looking into it already. Google it more if you want. Note: the REM cycle of your sleep is when you dream. So it makes sense that you dream less.... Obviously exceptions though. Ill occasionally get some fucked up dreams after smoking haha

Example:
    Does marijuana affect dreaming? | Lucid Guide

10. i love my dreams , sometimes if i feel like it i rise out of my body and wander my house as a ghost

11. This is the one aspect of cannabis that bugs me, less ability to remember my dreams. Almost worth not smoking during the week. Almost.

12. Try taking a break for a week, you'll dream like crazy. Trust me.

13. Well usually I don't dream when I smoke heavily, when I smoked casually a while back, i would have intense dreams. But now I don't dream at all, except very rarely. But when I do they are the most real and vivid dreams I've ever experienced. I even had a dream where i fell down and got knocked out and started fading into real life, and I freaked out because I thought my real life was the dream. Trippy stuff

14. #14 HelpDesk, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    If you want your dreams back, supplements are the way to go.

All of these, except for piracetam, can be smoked as well as taken in pill form. You can get the first 3 from cvs (pill form) lol

Best options:
    Valerian
    Hops
    Passion flower
    Piracetam <This stuff is the shit! It's an incredibly healthy mild version of adderall. You can buy it online.

There are plenty more.

Edit:
    Check out all the things this helps with...
    Piracetam wiki. Check this shit out... First of all, an average dosage is roughly 1 to 2 grams, yet you can consume an entire pound of this stuff and the worst you'd feel is a headache from it depleting your brains Choline reserves... But there are choline supplement too lol

From somewhere else:

15. I'm funny with dreams - fairly inconsistent and the only time I feel like i'm "dreaming" is when i'm in that half awake/half asleep state you get when you've woken up but not moved in the morning.

16. #16 the_tokerman, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    Double Post. Sorry!

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

17. #17 CHRHN, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
    What the fuck, dude?

Go get some Vitamin B6, it will make your dreams much more vivid, and it'll most likely work better than those creepy drugs quoted above.

http://lucidallnight.wordpress.com/2008/01/04/how-to-make-a-dream-more-vivid-the-true-b6-story/

Everyone dreams. EVERYONE. You simply just forget them. If you didn't dream, you would go crazy. It's not without reason we have REM sleep.

18. Yes, it actually is.
    THC causes interruptions in the sleep cycle, primarily in the R.E.M. stages, where it causes very light R.E.M sleep or no R.E.M at all.

http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-teenage-mind/200906/marijuana-sleep-and-dreams
    (off the cuff source, but you get the picture)

If I recall correctly there's actually a few trials and studies going into this as a lack of R.E.M sleep causes insanity, while THC seems to prevent this.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

19. After going on my Tbreak, I had vivid, never ending nightmares for like 3 days straight. Makes you wonder whats going on while your baked as fuck and pass out :smoke:

20. You don't dream much while smoking, but when taking a break, your brain catches up with the lost REM sleep. That's why you dream so much.