2011-2012 NFL Fantasy Draft/League

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Broosh, Jul 29, 2011.

1. I know saints receivers have a hard time posting consistent numbers but Colston is out and I'm pretty sure Moore will be out as well with a groin problem. Meachem should have a decent game with at least 1 TD. On the other hand, Cassel blows and Bowe has never proven to be consistent, so I say start Meachem.

2. I would hit the waiver wire because those two backups and Chad aren't startable as of right now.

3. My WR are:

Andre Johnson, Manningham, Nicks, Plaxico, Vincent Jackson. Who the fuck do I bench, I was thinking Manningham & Nicks idk. lol

4. that's a joke...what are you in a 8 team league?

5. yo tna start hartline for sure. ochostinco is like the fifth option in the pats offense.....

anyone know the extent of dez's injury? yahoo says he didn't practice today because of his bruised quad or whatever. wtf dez, man up and play this week i need him to score lots of pts....

also: trying to decide between starting pettigrew (vs kc) or aaron hernandez (vs sd) this week.....kind of a hard decision. pettigrew is like the 2nd-3rd best option on the lions offense for stafford while the pats have tons.....but hernandez looked reallly fucking good on monday night. i hate decisions. farts.

6. Go with Pettigrew. He has fewer guys to compete with for catches, and Stafford's likely to have as many attempts as Brady anyway = more targets for Pettigrew than Hernandez. Good quandry to have though, how many teams in your league?

Can't you start them both? No W/T option in your league?

7. Im in a 10 man league, my rb's are LT & Starks

8. #568 zro420, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    only 10 teams in my $$ league....but most everyone actually knows football so it's not as easy as some 10 team leagues it seems.

just realized that the flex actually is w/r/t so i can put one of my tight ends there and start them both, but is it worth it?.......here's my starting lineup as of now and then my bench....anyone let me know if they have any advice on if i should replace any starters with anyone on my bench....

qb: philip rivers
    wr: dez bryant
    wr: mike williams
    rb: jamaal charles
    rb: lesean mccoy
    w/r/t: jeremy maclin
    te: brandon pettigrew
    k: rob bironas
    d/st: dallas
    bench:
    aaron hernandez
    fred jackson
    ryan mathews
    aj green
    johnny knox
    davone bess
    mark sanchez

i'm liking pettigrew a lot this week, the dude's a stud on the rise on an improving, young offense....but hernandez is hard to bench after that performance on monday. only problem is i doubt brady will have another 500 yd game, let alone a 400 yd one this week against san diego, so that means less yards to go around. i could start one and put the other at the w/r/t position but i dk about that...thatd mean i'd be benching one of my very good wr's for a tight end...

also don't know whether i should swap out either mathews or jackson for one of my wrs (williams, dez, or maclin) at the flex. i kinda like having all 3 of my wrs start but idk.

this is the team i'm against this week...

qb: jay cutler
    wr: greg jennings
    wr: steve smith (car)
    rb: maurice jones-drew
    rb: legarrette blount
    w/r/t: carnell williams
    te: jason witten
    k: mason crosby
    d/st: baltimore

not a bad team lol

9. rbs blow but your wrs are sick nasty

10. Damn I'm not much good on calling start/sits in leagues with fewer than 12 or so teams :laughing: Good-looking roster though

It's been so long since I was in a smaller league that I've forgotten how to decide between a 90 guy and a 89 guy ;)

Go with Pettigrew, though. Just playing the percentages. Hernandez had a big game this week and is unlikely to have a big game every week with all the options NE has. Pettigrew should have a bust-out game.

I'm pondering whether to sell off a bunch of assets to upgrade at WR in my IDP keeper league...we play with tradeable draft picks and there's nothing that makes me as nervous as fucking with the future :laughing:

11. This is my $league

QB- A. Rodgers
    RB -J. Starks
    RB -L. Tomlinson
    WR -A. Johnson
    WR -P. Burress
    TE -A. Hernandez
    W/R -V. Jackson
    K -M. Bryant
    DEF -Raider

Bench:

QB J. Flacco
    RB C. Spiller
    TE -G. Olsen
    RB -K. Moreno
    WR -Nicks
    WR -Manningham

I dropped Pettigrew & picked up Olsen :confused_2:

12. wtf are you talking about zro the team you're going up against is going to get fucking slaughtered.

13. i hope so! 2-0 would be a wonderful start after all the shit talking being done by my brother's friends. the kid i beat last weak has won 6 of the past 7 of the leagues they have done (i've been in a few of them) so he talks mad shit all the time. i spanked his team though, won by like 30 points.

14. yeah this is the 3rd season our league has been alive, and there's been the same winner each year. i play him this week, i've NEVER beat him, i'm hoping for that to change.

and he has dez, so if he doesn't play i'll be good :)

do i start Mathews or Cadillac this weekend?

15. carnell son.

hope the g-men stuff em

16. Should I star Steve smith (playing green bay) again this week cuz i dont think hell b able to do good against greenbay or should I start jabar gaffney (playing arizona) or Hines ward (playing Seattle)? I was thinking jabar cuz hes playing arizona and they did awful against the pass against panthers
    My other wrs are vincent Jackson and mike Wallace

17. I picked up cam newton and earnest grahm in the waivers

18. my teams fucked in this league *cough* peyton manning *cough*.

who shud i start in WR?

QB: Chad henne MIA
    RB: Arian Foster HOU
    RB: James Starks GB
    RB/WR:Randall Cobb GB
    WR: Early doucet AZ
    WR: Devery henderson NO
    TE: Antonio Gates SD
    K: D. Akers
    D: Packers
    Bench:
    Marquez colston * O WR NO
    Pierrer Garcon WR IND
    Kevin Kolb QB AZ
    Rex Grossman QB WAS
    Ryan Grant RB GB
    Jermaine Greshem TE CIN
    Steve Smith WR PHI

19. Smith

the best player who will get the most targets

you gotta give more credit to the dudes who ball out and less to the opposing teams defense when making these decisions, imo. especially when its Steve Smith vs. Jabar Gaffney or Hines Ward lol....they are good for a random TD every few weeks thats about it

20. sometimes people look into matchups way too much