Did you play dodgeball in middle school?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by mhughes, Apr 30, 2010.

1. UF had an intramural dodgeball tournament and when I was playin I ran into a bunch of people saying their middle/elementary schools never allowed dodgeball, even my gf and my roomate's gf never played.
    I remember in 8th grade a buddy of mine broke his wrist playing dodgeball and that was the last of the game at deltona middle. Before that incident we were always cycling through fortress dodgeball(had to knock down mats), coyote(free-for-all), 3 pin, prison-style (you wait behind the other team)

Just wondering how many of us actually got to play

2. not only did I play I destroyed my fellow prepubescent peers.

3. Yep sure did...epic game.

4. Yup I was always the last one remaining on my team. :D

5. In middle school we had to use the foam balls wrapped in blue vinyl, in high school we played with the little red rubber balls. Those were the real deal.

6. Of course. Even in high school. Dodgeball was one of the sports we could pick for gym class. I think my whole 2 years of gym in high school all I did was dodgeball

7. actually I remember a kid getting his nose broke by a 8th grader but then again the 8th grader was held back like 3 years =/

8. no, I played with myself mostly in middle school

9. Dodgeball FTMFEW thats " for the muther fucking epic win" I think all High school sports should be replaced with dodgeball and paintball. I killed in dodgeball it was the only school sport I actually made an effort to play.

• Like Like x 1

10. I disagree nothing compares to soccer.

11. Yea we'd have mats set up-right too for walls and such to dive behind, shit got intense!

12. I didn't have middle school but we did play in both elementary and high school. Epic game, makes me want to play it :(.

13. yup

still play occasionally. there are pick-up games at a local tennis court right next to a bunch of bars :p

14. haha we used to fuck each other up in dodgeball at gym, then go to lunch and go outside to play dodgeball. nobody ever got hurt at dodgeball but one day they wouldnt give us the dodgeball as a punishment, so one kid jumps off this porch thing we had in the parking lot and breaks his wrist. ahahaha.

15. ahah thats hilarious!! I remember my school got so seriousn at lunch time we had wristbands that they handed out for teams and if you didn't get one you couldn't play.

needless to say my friends and me always skipped eating just for a damn wristband