Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. #1 Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
    The season kicks off tonight with the Redskins vs. Giants

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Davy Jones, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
    Neither team really looked all that good to me, but then again the Skins suck sooo bad its hard to tell, I think they are in serious trouble...lucky if they finish above 500.

Brandon Jacobs is a freakin horse though...6' 4" 264, I would you love to have a backfield with Marion Barber & Jacobs.

3. ?

Redskins really aren't that bad of a team... they made the playoffs last year didn't they? Not to mention a pretty good DE they added to their squad. Don't get me wrong, they're not my pick to win anything, but they aren't a bad team.

4. DAAAAA BEAAAAAAAAARS! :hello:

Bears vs. Colts sunday night baby. Basically an 07 superbowl rematch minus the superbowl hype and rings and awesome fame your team receives for a year.

(okay okay, so just a REALLY good game)

5. #5 eyeg0tgr33ns, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
    All about them Chargers baby.

LT is gonna do some damage this year.

3 years in a row? Yeah, I think so.

EDIT: I'd rather have sproles in.

6. He could start seeing some wear on those tires. Incredible he's done so well with the amount of times he touches the football.

No more 5.5 YPC Turner behind him anymore..

7. how do you feel about merriman choosing to play on that injured whatever hes got going? if i were a charger fan i would be absolutely mortified. risking his incredibly promising career for the sake of one season? shit aint worth it in my opinion

8. #8 Life is Limbo, Sep 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2008
    I find it funny that now NE don't have everybodies playbook there QB Tommy gets injured, karmas a bitch aint it new england fans.

[​IMG]

Hating on NE is like hating on the Yankees, it feels so good to see them fail.

[​IMG]

9. Not sure if you've been watching the past several years of the NFL, but Tom Brady is often on the weekly injuries list, often listed as questionable or probable. Didn't seem to hurt him last year did it?

The coaching staff does it in the preseason so that Brady doesn't have to play and risk injury in a meaningless game. They also like to do it to make opponents underestimate Brady... although I don't really think that works.

10. Brady out for 8 weeks? i havent seen it confirmed yet but this is what i read some where

if true, tough break pats fans

11. Go Broncos.

Monday night vs. the Raiders baby.

12. He has been on the injury report every week for years. It's just a ploy by Bellichick. As for Brady being out for 8 weeks... I will believe it when I see it.

You guys can shit on the Pats all you want for Spygate and all that bullshit but when it comes down to it, we are still a great football team that can pull out a win, even with our second string quarterback in.

13. Ah the Monday Night game before that is going to be pretty wicked.

GO PACK GO!

14. umm new england still won today didnt they? they arent gonna go 18-1 again but i think even if they loose brady a few weeks they can still have a descent season happy hating though:smoking:

15. Brady out for the season

I hope Bernard Pollard gets shot outside a nightclub

16. where you gettin your info from man? he wont have an mri until tommorow

17. Dolphins fan all the way. Chad pennington and Ricky williams. That could be a dangerous combo.
    They might have lost today but Im liking the starting line up at least. Much better than last season.

18. After the pre-show to the night game, on the bottom line scroll there was a message saying that a "patriot's player (no names)" said that Matt Cassel would be the starter for the for the rest of the year.

19. Sources: Brady out with ACL Tear

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, according to a source familiar with the injury.

While New England coach Bill Belichick said in his postgame press conference that he had no update on the status of Brady's injury, two sources indicated it involved serious damage to the knee.

20. Source? not seeing it on espn.

EDIT: nevermind