do you like hockey?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by RVD420RVD, Feb 20, 2012.

1. #1 RVD420RVD, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
    Hockeys badass but most of my fellow Americans don't seem to see it that way. So, do you watch hockey? If not why not?

2. #3 Tuor, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
    nope. I love it. I posted about it in the 'why is football football' thread. It's the best sport on earth because it combines the most physical elements of sport, the necessity for fine-tuned reflexes and coordination, exceptional athleticism, exquisite team unity and trust, nonstop excitement...and oh, by the way, you have to skate.

Other sports you run, and jump, and hit, and pass..and you do all those things standing on your two feet, using your hands and legs. Hockey requires that you completely re-learn how to move on your two feet, and that you perfect that new ability, but that you learn to use a stick, not your hands.

To me, it requires the most athleticism, skill and commitment of any sport. And it fucking rules

3. #4 RVD420RVD, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
    [quote name='"Tuor"']nope. I love it. I posted about it in the 'why is football football' thread. It's the best sport on earth because it combines the most physical elements of sport, the necessity for fine-tuned reflexes and coordination, exceptional athleticism, exquisite team unity and trust, nonstop excitement...and oh, by the way, you have to skate.

Other sports you run, and jump, and hit, and pass..and you do all those things standing on your two feet, using your hands and legs. Hockey requires that you completely re-learn how to move on your two feet, and that you perfect that new ability, but that you learn to use a stick, not your hands.

To me, it requires the most athleticism, skill and commitment of any sport. And it fucking rules[/quote]

Damn, nice explanation

4. I don't watch it but hockey is the shit I used to play street hockey all the time

5. Si.

Played ice hockey my entire life and love it.

6. Hockey isn't that popular because people like sports that they can play easily. Why do you think soccer is the biggest sport in the world? You don't even need a ball, kick a can into a garbage bin and bam! you're playing soccer. lol

7. never gotten the chance to play real ice hockey so I cant talk smack bout it. but like eNYcee said, you need a ice rink, ice skates, hockey sticks, equipment, pucks, nets.. im probably missing more :p I watch it every once in a while, more so just to watch guys beat the shit outa eachother

8. Hockey would definately be more popular if it was accessible. I was lucky enough to play it in high school and it was amazing. I still play roller hockey for a rec league. Ice is so much better tho cause you can take the body and destroy people. I was like 5 ft 6 and 120lb in hs and all I did was try to hit people. Coaches realized they should put me on the blue line at that point lol

9. I love hockey, I rememeber a match where I injured half the other team before getting attacked by an irrate enermy and being strechered off...awww the good ol days

10. I love to play and watch hockey, its is one of my favorite game,my favorite hockey team is Indian hockey team.

11. [quote name='"ddabull88"']Hockey would definately be more popular if it was accessible. I was lucky enough to play it in high school and it was amazing. I still play roller hockey for a rec league. Ice is so much better tho cause you can take the body and destroy people. I was like 5 ft 6 and 120lb in hs and all I did was try to hit people. Coaches realized they should put me on the blue line at that point lol[/quote]

Got to play floor hockey in middle school, and I was one hell of a goalie. Me and this other kid in our class were the cause of the teachers putting a two minute time limit on the games, and stopped our teams from playing each other, lol.

But for quoting your post, a female friend of mine and I are attempting to start a recreational roller hockey team here..never played on skates, but I love watching hockey, and I loved playing it as well...if everything goes well, I might try to attempt skating on ice the playing ice hockey...I've never ice skated though in my life lol

12. Hockey is such an adrenaline rush, even when you watch it. It's just back and forth with limited timeouts, something is always happening. Sweet dekes, huge hits, great saves, great players.....it is awesome as hell. I've watched since I was a little kid (it helps growing up in Hockeytown) and still am a huge fan.