Nutrients

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Willyummyweed, Oct 7, 2011.

1. I need to know some good types of nutrients to use, how to use them, and I need them on the cheap. If you can help this noob out it would be very much appreciated, thanks.

2. Ok my friend I will help you, but first tell me your budget, before a start typing like Motha.. ! lol :D

3. Hi..

If your doing hydro, do a search on Lucas Formula. It is a very effective nutrient regiment that only requires two bottles of nutrients (Micro and Bloom). I use a variation of it using GH FloraMicro & FloraBloom.

Good Luck!

4. 49.99 fox farms trio pack , easy to use

5. I purchased Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom (Pack of 3 - 32 oz. bottles) how should I dose up the nutrients per plant? Soil grow

6. Want to save a bunch of money and get excellent results? Check my sig for a link to my current grow. I grow in dirt. Use about $4 in nutes per grow and have a tent full of arm sized colas.

ODP

7. Thank you Dizzle4fizzle

8. I went thru your journal, btw very nice plants, however I did not see it the nutes u use or you have not post yet the nutes you end up using ?

9. I use the Jacks nutes. Jack's Classic Blossom Booster 10-30-20. All I did that grow was use prefertilized soil and start using the jacks at the second week of flower. I started at the recomended dosage of 1/4 tsp per gallon and maxed out at 4x that ( 1 tsp per gallon ).

These folks have been around for 60 or so years from what I understand. The following is one of thier blurbs.

Over 2 million laboratory tests have led us to design a suite of formulations that are about RESULTS, not about marketing and SKU's.

You can see from my grow the stuff works real well.

ODP

10. Soo I don't need to fertilize until flowering?

11. prefertilized soil will last 4-6 weeks depending on brand/type.

ODP

12. So if I get regular potting soil I will need to fertilize as soon as it hits full veg

13. It depends on the type. Some may last longer than others. Decide on what you want to use and then do a search to see what time period others are are getting out of that soil.

Do not add nutes if the soil is prefertilized. You may burn your plants. This is a very common mistake new growers make. I made it myself ( Learn the hard way ).

ODP

14. Thanks for your Output and Your Journal, you inspire me to do the same. Right now I'm finishing my CurrentGrow (under the sig) and I have the second round lock n loaded just waiting to move back to my house (remodeling) by Nov. 15. I will do the same Test, I will get a Cheap HIGH PK Booster Nutrient from a Store and just grow it with that n Molasses. The second plant with my regular TopOftheLine Nutrients. Oh boy ! Thanks for your info.

I let you know of my progress

15. Use the jacks in the experiment. The quality is about as high as it gets. Here is some info.

Where to purchase - I get mine right from the company its cheaper.

Hands On Horticulture - J. R. Peters Inc. Fertilizer Products And Services

Some info on the product...

JrPeters has been making fertilizer for over 63 years.

Completely water soluble so that all fertilizer nutrients dissolve completely

Exclusive blend using only the highest purity nutrients, exactly the same as our professional blends

All the micronutrients and trace elements in a balanced ratio for optimum plant growth

Proprietary chelating formula which keeps fertilizer nutrients in solution and available for your plant

Widest safety factor protects against foliage burning

Excess soluble salts free-means a high proportion of usable nutrients and less of those that could injure plants.

Over 2 million laboratory tests have led us to design a suite of formulations that are about RESULTS, not about marketing and SKU's.

* JrPeters also does soil analysis

ODP