Net Trellis to work as screen

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by DR Prescribed, Feb 4, 2010.

1. I am growing 12 large plants in 5 gallon drip buckets in a 5'x12' area. I harvested a couple weeks ago and in the last 2 weeks of flowering the buds were falling over and drooping down.

I was thinking to take the trellis with 4" gaps in the thread and putting it over the canopy (horizontally)to hopefully solve this problem next time. I just put the next crop in the flowering room a few days ago. Good solution?

2. #2 denvernuggets, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
    The grow trellis they sell at the grow shops are pretty flimsy, but they work. I ususally build my own screen using nylon cord from home depot ($1.00 for a 250' roll). The screen I just built will support my weight (180#), and spring right back to it's original position, so I think it will have no problem supporting colas.

Just get a little creative...

Here is a link that shows my latest screen:

http://forum.grasscity.com/cannabis-breeding/542421-seeding-one-branch-help-please.html

Since your containers are so big you'll have to do something like this on a larger scale, or tie branches up to something like eye hooks in the celing.