How to yield 2lbs in a small grow tent?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by bigbellpepper, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Hello! I need to yield 2-3lbs so that I don't have to grow anymore medicine for another year.I just constructed a grow tent similiar to the one Jorge Cervantes made on his ultimate grow dvd 2 (2x3 lumber frame with white penguin plastic, floating floor to keep root temps well). The room is 6 feet tall x 4 feet deep x 6 1/2 feet wide.I have 20 clones to work with (grandaddy purple and delta 9). I have 2 metal halide lamps (no hoods, hanging), 2 wall fans, a bad ass 8" max-fan that exhausts 675cfm, and a C02 tank.I know my grow tent is a bit undersized for two 1k lamps, but I'm working with what I have... I decided to hang them because they burn a bit cooler that way and I simply cannot afford an air cooled hood system for everything right now. Now I know everyone is going to say that I should only use one 1k metal halide, but let's be creative here. It's imperative I yield at least 2lb this time around because this may be my last grow.Is there a way I can effectively use my C02 without having aircooled lights in a small space and needing to run the exhaust fan a lot??Thanks!

2. the only way i could see you producing that much with 20 plants is 10 plants under each 1k watt lamp veg for 2 months and you should get 2 ounces per plant. if you want to increase the number of plants to 16-20 per light in a 12/12 cycle you could yield 2 lbs in about 9 weeks give or take. those would be the 2 options i could think of. 12/12 takes less space because they wont be as tall or iwde.

3. if you want to really increase yield, do a scrog.

4. Scrog is about your only option and it is goin to be a bitch to get under there to do your work. You will need that tent FULL. How is your heat situation now?

5. If you wanna do a scrog, do what I did in my old grow box... Sorry no pics, but Ill describe for ya. You said you have a floating floor? Mount a few heavy duty drawer sliders to your floor(like the ones for toolboxes, made to hold some weight) then basically mount another floor onto the drawer sliders. A little handle on your slideout floor, and you can pull the whole floorspace out very easily to work with your ladies. Mount your scrog screen to the slider so it comes with the floor when you pull it out... Get a little creative and you'll get it to work for ya. I used mine with 25 plants on a 5x5 floor. Worked great! I had a little 5x5 cove in a spare room that I used. No way at all to get to the plants in the back without being able to quickly remove em..

6. There is no way anyone can get 900+grams(2lbs) from a small grow tent

7. 6.5X4X6 is not a small grow tent. Thats bigger than some peoples camping tent.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Depending on all possible variables being at their best, including seed choice, I think you could exceed 2lbs in that space, height allowing you to grow some big heavy colas:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 2 DRY lbs in a 6.5X4X6 grow tent....just isn't possible.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Why the negativity I say go for it and hope for the best do the research and dont skimp on anything if he does then anybody who doubted him will look like a jackass just remember chose your seeds carefully and dont skimp I wanna see how this turns out best of luck to you sir;)

11. #11 Don Piano, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2009
    Grow moms and clone clone clone. If done right not only could you yield 2 but maybe even 3+ lbs. I have seen SOG in MtnDew bottles (20oz) and the yield was around 7 dry grams per bottle (as much as 21 dry on some) all flowered slightly after rooting and finished under 3ft tall. If a mountain dew bottle is 3" in diameter you can easily do 200 small clones and get 3lbs. try it. out of 20 clones ( if all make it) you should be able to produce enough moms to make plenty of clones.

http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced...o-contact-grow-store-3-4oz-more-per-week.html here is a link to adding those numbers up

12. Good luck with it then mate :rolleyes:

13. All I see when I read this is a guy that looks like your avatar telling me this and it funny as hell
    I am so fucking baked:smoking:

14. Um but anyway after my next grow I might try that!:D

15. you could probably get that much with a huge yielder like big bud or critical mass. Not sure about the strains you are using. Hey, all you can do is try,right?

16. You wont yeild 2 pounds flowering your plants with metal halides...you will get buds but they will be leafy and fluffy which will dry to less weight, as well as less thc content from the wrong spectrum bulbs for flowering. If you want 2 pounds get some HPS bulbs.

When using CO2 you want to stop the exhaust fan till the level of CO2 reraches about 1600ppm for like 15 minutes then you want to evacuate the air and start over on a cycle.

You could yeild 2 pounds in that space but you sound pretty inexpierienced and with weird techniques will probably fail.

sorry

also you should have a intake fan that is smaller than your exhaust. unless you have enough passive intake

17. GDP's (Purple Urkel x Big Bud) yield is pretty good. if you get 20 of them veg them for 2 or 3 monthes get a 1k Hps and top your plants like crazy in the 3 monthes...then its possible but not for sure... try to get alot of pure indicas...like gdp. gdp is a great producer in soil but is a slow starter..

18. this thread has made me think, and i plan to try to get about a one pound a month on an SOG using two grow tents, but this is still in the works in like a year or so. i wanted to have one tent just clones and mothers, and veg a few plants in there as well, then one tent to flower in. good luck man, i hope you get it!

19. They said it wasnt possible to land on the moon or put a black man in the white house either!. Or my ex to lose all that baby weight (oh, my bad that one was NOT possible!!) My 1st stealth grow just weighted in at 275 Grams, and that is post harvest top buds only. I did that in my entertainment center thats 2 feet deep, 3 feet wide, and no plants growing taller than 14inches If I had double the height space I could have more than doubled my harvest (my buddy grew the same clones, bought at the same time, grown with the same nutes under identical wattage, so I have an easy baseline comparison, no assumption here)

Confusious said "In time all things become possible, even enlightening those who only see limits not possiblities...:

20. What strain did you have?