advanced nutrients help

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by IUDSIS, Sep 8, 2008.

1. For my hydroponics grow i am at a toss up between using GH nutrients and advanced nutrients, from my understanding GH has the lucas formula to tell what nutrients you need to use and everything and i am just wondering if advanced nutrients has a smiliar formula to use or if someone could give me a guide on which advanced nutrients to use and when to use them, any information on this would be appreciated cause i am somewhat lost :confused:

2. #2 Arnold420, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
    There is such thing as the advanced nutrients (nutrient calculator ) google it. You dial in what size res, number of weeks flower/veg, what product/program you want to use and it gives you correct dosing for each of there products. Im still curious to know exactly how to use alot of there products in conjunction with each other (percentages/ratios) for example if your in flowering using Sensi Bloom and you want to use Carboload and Overdrive what ratio of each would you use to reach you target ppm? Would you just do it evenly and do 33% each? I will subscribe to this thread and hopfully someone may be able to help us both.

3. I actually use both in conjunction with each other(but only in flower,i use Lucas in veg. only)The AN line is VERY expensive so be prepaired,Lucas is really fine for most though.

4. Advanced Nutrients isn't that expensive. It depends on where you are a bit but if you shop around you can get a good price.

Also, you can use AN with the Lucas formula if you want. They've got a Grow, Micro, and Bloom 3-part just like GH but it works better IMO. So you can totally use Advanced's GMB with the Lucas Formula if that's the way you wanna go.

5. i have been using advanced nutrients for awhile now. there are some bads and good parts about this brand you need to watch out for :mad:. the results come out alot more smoother tasting, sweeter flavored, more thicker resin glands, and the smell is sweeter also when flushed and cured:hello:.
    i have friends who stop using advanced and went back to fox farm and GH flora, because of low yield and nutrients deficiency in AN. these two product are great to use dont get me wrong but there results are best for high yield and speed growth. both products lack on taste and resin glands.

Advanced Nutrients organic to me works best with soil, in some hydro systems iguana juice, tarantula, seaweed extract settles down a turns up sludgy for some reason ??why?? i dont know.
    my grandpa uses a hydro system for his fruits in a greenhouse. on his hydro system the nutrients in the tank is constantly mixing around with air bubbles and water pressure. looks similar to a jaccuzzi when everythings on jets and bubbles raging its a mess when you open the lid splashing every where. it helped iguana juice come less sludgy on roots.
    why go thru all that mess in hydro with organics, use connoisseur for hydro tastes like organic when flushed and cured. i noticed on some strains with connoisseur it came out alot more tastey. Connoisseur is very high yields jammed packed resin glands, name says it all it pricey but yields alot more then fox farm and GH. buzzed and babblin.......:D:D

6. AN organic iguana juice has some issues but can be easily fixed. some popular strains during veg preflower flowering stage shows magnesium zinc acid type deficiencies, this can be fixed by flushing or lowering dosage. always check PH levels n mix nutrients good. you also need to watch out, some stores they dont carry fresh ORGANIC AN that can also be a problem expired nutrients. go straight to the source AdvancedNutrients.com its flat rate delivery and quick 3-5 business days.

Iguana juice worked best with soil when we used it, if iguana juice is not aggitated enough turns out sludgy in some flow type hydro systems and causes problems. AN iguana juice program used in soil outdoors/greenhouse worked better then indoor for us too:confused: did mother nature help??. if indoors we used AN hydro Connoisseur, sensi, micro-grow-bloom i notice alot better production from Connoisseur AN compared to fox farm dutchmaster canna bcuzz GH etc, plus i never had a salt build up problem yet, thats one thing i like about AN. GH gave us salt problems and fox farm showed fertilizer burns & mold problems.

i experimented alot with AN iguana juice program and made my own aggressive feed that more then the AN heavy feed program for certain strains and a very low dosage feed for hypersensitive strains. my iguana juice organic program the plants have a little bit of a bug problem:mad:. my all AN iguana juice/hydro mix im experimented with, the plants has no bug at all and the resin glands are more sticky, idk why:confused: we thought when flushed and cured the iguana organic/hydro mix plants:D were stronger in buzz and more smooth when inhaled n more flavored :smoking: compared to just iguana organic. my organic/hydro yield was a little more not alot but it was more compared to organic yield.

my other friends use AN iguana juice program with other brand additives like purplemaxx gravity budswel supertea thrive alive open seasame etc and they worked together.

7. I swear by Advanced nutrients. People say dont mix, but i have never had a problem. I use advanced nutrients as my base mix then add a few other things whatever they may be from different brands, just make sure you arent using the same nute, just called something different.

8. I'm the same way, but I stick with the Advanced Nutrients additives. I played around for awhile but just never found anything that would give me consistently better results.

Plus it's a lot simpler to track down problems when you're using stuff specifically designed to work together. Mostly because the problems always seem to be user error, like measuring for liters instead of gallons. (oops)

9. stick with the Advanced Nutrients if you want to get the best results every time.

A lot of people will say that you can do just as well with other stuff, and that may be true, but from what I've seen there just isn't anything that can measure up in pure quality and consistent results. It's so easy to get perfect results every time there just isn't any reason IMHO to get anything but Advanced Nutrients.

Before you buy into the hype that all the Advanced Nutrients stuff is really expensive, look around for yourself. It costs more in some places than others, and some people are just better at finding deals than others.