White Rhino in Bubble-buckets 1rst grow

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jzchillin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Well I started off with lots of research:eek: basically. A lot of you already know me by my retarded questions and then disappearing. thanks to everyone that has helped!! :D Well here is a very unorganized view of my setup and first grow here.
    here's my personal grow area and equipment I use.
    IMG_4606.jpg
    this is the bloom box
    IMG_4608.jpg
    homemade carbon filter (works great) held up with hemp string.
    cooltube was broken upon arrival, now has glass glue in it, not sure if you can see that.
    600w light, hortilux
    IMG_4611.jpg
    red one is a "waterproof" hanna ph meter. love it!!!
    I read here recently that they don't make these and had a full on argument about it.
    well, here's the picture, fag!
    the blue thing in the back is just used for ec/tds/ppm and temp.
    it has the ability to do ph, but i wouldn't trust it.
    i fried my first batch using it, that's when i bought the hanna "non-waterproof" ph meter.
    IMG_4612.jpg
    this was recomended by ocitown, thanks bro!!!
    it's my ro/di, my water sucks so much that after i run my water through here, i still get 140ppm, haha.
    i don't drink that shit though.
    I keep it covered with a towel to keep any kind of growth inside the tubes to a minimum.
    the room stays dark most of the time so I don't really worry about it.
    IMG_4613.jpg
    that's my utlity section.
    IMG_4614.jpg
    this is my regiment of nutes arrange all nice.
    it's a first, and i'm sure the last.;)
    IMG_4616.jpg
    this is my cloning area. i also use it for herbs and shit.
    right now it has wr getting ready for a 6 bucket system.
    so anyway that's it. thanks for looking.
    steak.jpg
    Munchies anyone? That was dinner...
    hickory grilled steak with coconut & orange sauce
    steamed peppers and mushrooms with olive oil and garlic marinade
    tomato & basil feta cheese stuffed potatoes
    What? I have to have something to do.

"when they kick in your front door, are you gonna run or just stand in your fear, or deliver with your gun" :cool:

2. Here's the first little baby girl.
    I started her in soil and washed the dirt away and then put her into the bubble buckets.
    she didn't have any kind of shock either.
    amazing little girl she is. i get this warm fuzzy feeling whenever i talk about my girls.
    IMG_3366.JPG
    Here's after the 2nd week of bloom they are EXPLODING!!!:D
    IMG_4221.jpg
    IMG_4223.jpg
    IMG_4222.jpg
    :ey: here's week 6, almost ready:smoke:

IMG_4571.jpg
    IMG_4572.jpg
    IMG_4573.jpg
    IMG_4574.jpg

i'll be harvesting in random intervals.
    this way i will have different types of weed from the same plant.
    early gives you the up, happy, move around high.
    middle is chillin, play video games and eat.
    and then the last little bit will give the couchlock.
    and these babies are icky-sticky-goey-oeyee!!!

3. Nice post good on ya there best of luck :smoking:

4. daaaaaaaank

5. Right on man shit's looking miiighty swell. And who doesn't love a little Liquid Karma? ha. I'm thinkin' the same thing about choppin' my plants though all at different times just to get a feel for my strain and what not.

PEACE

6. Thanks Bomb, been watching your grow for the last month or so, looking good.

I sure hope so!!!!:bongin: Thanks for stopping by! it sure smells like dank.

Liguid Karma is the shizznit. that's all i use in the cloner. but seeing that it's in short supply over hear, i only use it for the cloner. thanks for checkin the ladies out!

nothing really cool to show... I started the flush last night. PH is pretty jumpy. I promice to show you guys the finished nugs.
    On a side note, i just ordered a bunch of caps, resisters, and diodes to build a ionizer. Going to get rid of the stink one way or the other.

7. Waz up chillin???

Looking great man,But why ozone if your CF works?
    I would suggest a good carbon filter over any store bought or custum built ozone generator,their pure poison for plants.people and corosive to all metals,also hard to to control the output when DIY.

I was all over the OG with a 15000volt transformer and a glass plate but after allot of research i went with a can 50 with much better results and no side effects.

Look at greengoldhydro.com for a can 33 for less than $100,could last you 1-2years and you can refill it too.;)

Looking good man..stop in to jcj77ds thread and say hi sometime bro.:D

8. great lookin setup. I have white widow in my garden and have heard many great things about her close relative, White Rhino. What do you think of the strain all around? Thanks man and keep up the progress. :smoke:

9. I have both but my first grow attempt with WW were both male,my WR went very well in both soil and hydro and i still have a mom and 2 WR in BBs ATM.;)

10. thanks man, been watching you and rumple among others and the info has been priceless. :D thanks for checkin me out.
    your right about ozone dude. i was originally going go with an ozone generator, so i mentioned it to my pops and he had the same conclusion (he's like an engineering DR). that's why i made an ionizer. it still lights up the tip of my needles with a corona but i ran it through a metal tube and gave the tube a charge also, so it catches everything inside the tube, and outputs minimal ozone. i just hooked it up a few minutes ago. it's great too because it doesn't need a fan because the negative ions are attracted to the metal tube and create a little vortex. if i'm right i think the voltage is something like 36000 volts but i haven't done the precise math yet.

my CF works great but when i open the door to the box the entire appartment is filled with funk and it doesn't go away for awhile, so i had to do something.

I love it!! the buds are denser than anything I have ever seen, and now this week the crystal production has just started exploding. looks like they are covered in syrup.:eek: i'll post some more pics tomorrow. I would tonight, but I am burnt from soldering the past couple hrs.:(

11. Day 6 of flush, minor mold spotted in buds. Since day 4 i have had 3 spots. Harvested one cola, lost 1/2 cola and a couple of nugs. I have taken all the moldy parts out and frozen them as a precaution. Not all is lost, I can still make hash! And, we ALL love hash.

When I bought these seeds I was under the false pretense that they were mold resistant. But, finally seeing how tight these buds really are, I cannot believe that. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I mean who in they're right mind wouldn't like a big hard cola dripping with tetrahydrocannabinoids!?!

The further into flush, the more it smells like watermelon. Weird, but GOOD!

Pictures are on the way.

12. sweet man, lookin forward to the pics after hearing bout the dense nugs you have on your hands :D

13. What is the humidity in your grow room

14. The ozone genorator will kill all the mold there and stop it comming back. Fooker that mold in the buds it goes throutgh the bud at a alarming rate if not kept in chek.

I had this once and lost shit loads to the mold left it one day came back the next to buds that when i picked them up the fookers fell apart to dust NOT GOOD.

15. Just make sure you don't put your Ozone generator inside your grow room. I made that mistake, it killed the plant next to it in less then 6 hours.:(

16. There are much better and safer scrubbing methods for small grows,Ozone generators are great for large grow-ops but some precautions need to be understood and followed.

If you use an O.G. you should know about DIY generators and the HUGE output variations they can have and the risks which come along with them.

Rumple is 100% right in that the generator should not be in the room with plants,animals or people.

Ozone is very corrosive to most metal and will eat it at an alarming rate(much more so when a DIY generator is used)and poison to all living organisms,O.G. are used for killing mold spores in homes and is very efective,blows away in 30 min. of so.

The ozone produced should be generated at the end of the ventilation run and into a mixing box or chamber which is size specific to the particulate PPM and air movement so the stinky particulate mixes/bonds to or is converted to another compound(I'm no chemist and don't really know what really happens)but after the the mixing chamber does its thing "it" (the ozone and anything else) just blows away out of your house(not in the attic) and then it mixes with the atmospheric air where it is diluted enough not to be harmful(in theory anyways).

O.G. are very easy and cheap to build but IMHO are not as good as a well matched refillable activated carbon filter for all the listed side effects listed above.

I had a 1000 sq. ft. room with no filter and 1.5 lbs (when dried)in the 5th week of flower exhausting into the attic where it filled the garage through an open drop down ladder with the most pungent sweet smell i EVER smelled and the garage was over 120 feet away,then i added a 20"x17" can50 filter with an 8" flange,2.5" thick of carbon (about 42 lbs of carbon)$140.00 and within one hr. i never smelled a thing outside the room and i would guess if i only use it in flower during the 3rd week through the drying stages(6 weeks each grow) i could get at least 10 grows till i would need to refill it(and i think its about $45.00 to fill this one.;)

17. thanks bro, i pretty much got it all sorted over at jcj77d's thread. it was the humidity. i ended up adding 2 more small fans blowing air across the plants in an V like pattern. in the end i felt sort of dumb for not realizing it myself, but that's what you guys are for right?

NO doubt man, all in all i think i lost about 150-200g's to mold before i got it in check. thanks for checking the girls out.

I remember reading that in one of your posts. Thanks for stopping buy man, i feel honored. i have modeled my grow after the one you have, but am short on the space and don't have the co2.

True words of wisdom. I really appreciate your concern in this matter and I have taken all the precautions I can. I understand the harm it can do, and I also understand the harm that can come if I get stuffed into a German prison cell with Dieter and his buddy Christof. I'm going to try and clear this up, hopefully, about how I have this working. I'm not just venting Ozone into my bedroom above my bed. I have the growing apparatus in a seperate room in which I, nor anyone else stay in for any extended periods of time. There is a window that stays cracked(summer it's wide open) for vetilation(co2). The box is vented directly into that room above the box. Inside the box I have a carbon filter that cleans the shit out of the air that flows from the extractor. The only time I use the Ozone is when and after I have the box open. Long enough to clean the air and cycle it outside. I also fitted a metal disc and charged it for collecting the excess anions so the air isn't completely saturated. I turn them on simultaniously and do what I have to do, 30-45 minutes, then turn them off simultaniously about an hr afterwards. If I don't use it and the door is open the entire place stinks, and I DO NOT want the fuzz smelling the funk.

I have been incognito for about a week now. Took the colas the past few days. I hate trimming, but then I also love it. I lost feeling in my thumb yesterday. Man, I need to find some spring loaded scissors with gummie like grips. I had to soak them in alcahol today because I could barely move the resin caked blades. This is my second time ever trimming, and I have to say I am pretty damn good. So far, I'm guessing dried weight off of what I didn't loose from mold is going to be about 600g(hopefully!). I have a little over 450 now, off the colas. And don't worry I have pictures coming. ;)

I also have Northern Lights #5xHaze Mist (soil) in it's ninth week.:DOnly 2 weeks to go on that one. She's starting to have a citrus smell, gotta love Haze's.
    Next has already been decided and will be White skunk from Sensi and a donated strain I have never heard of called Purplicious(soil). Probably some guys bag seed.

18. #18 jzchillin, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
    Here's a pic of 1 1/2-dried bud, most of them are in jars now. I suck at taking pics.
    IMG_4746w.jpg

19. very very nice bud for your first grow, + rep

20. ive grown rhino before... looks ohhhhhh so yummy. packs a punch too, i might have to make an order lol