CO2 question with yeast brewing....

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by HD p1ss jug, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Ok question for someone with some sort of advanced knowledge of yeast brewing. If I am using a DWC hydro setup with a control bucket made of 6 - 5 gallon buckets. Would it be beneficial to introduce a 7th or maybe even an 8th bucket with a combo of yeast culture and weekly suger feeding to up the CO2? I figure the water level(concentrations) should stay level. And does aeration help the process of ....what ever the f*%k happens.... I mean 6 or seven gallons of that shit brewing has to do something.. Any ideas?

2. I used to brew my own beer, sadly i dont have the money to support both my production habits despite the advantages. a 5 gallon container and brewers yeast. any kind of sugar should suffice.
    you can brew in pretty much anything, i would recommend just
    the co2 production from a 5 gallon batch of beer was insane, the bung (a pressure release valve) would start to tick more than 3 or four times a second.

I have read the advantages of co2 addition are amazing. but i have also heard it should be one of the last upgrades you make, its effectiveness is only seen when all the other plant needs are optimal.

A conditioned runner will run faster than others if he eats well.
    an unconditioned runner will run slower than the conditioned one no matter if he eats or not.

If your conditions in the room are optimal, you should for sure get a batch or two of yeast cultures in there.
    if you have around 200 dollars to spare, i would highly recommend brewing real beer, there are do it yourself kits everywhere. trust me, its ALOT eaiser than growing. (get one from a local brew shop)

if you have any random Q's about brewing shoot me with em, i brewed for awhile.

3. sorry i didn't answer a few of your q's.

The brew buckets are completely seperate from your grow buckets.

1 or 2 will help alot if conditions are optimal.

I don't know about aeration, beer brewing would get messy as hell with it.
    as for a sugar water yeast culture, i would look into some organic chemistry of yeast. I dont really remember my aerobic cycles that well, but if yeast works any way like ours more o2 oculd produce more co2. on teh other hand it could possibly kill the yeast (o2 tends to be toxic and corrosive to things that do not depend on it).

Happy brewing!

4. Thanks bor he input bro. I gues I should just do it as i know it cant hurt. Thanks.

5. I brewed beer to add co2 to my plants and beverage to me...it worked great...I had the beer brewing at the air intake area to the closet grow...the co2 mixed with the room air and was drawn into the grow with the exhaust fan...I noticed a difference right away, the plants grew fatter/faster...And, I had cured my cotton mouth...:hello: