co2 enrichment with yeast

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by barisuzanna, Mar 11, 2007.

1. I dont know where to find yeast to induce fermentation for co2 enrichment so I am thinking about mixing wine and sugar. Wine has yeast in it afterall. But i dont know if it will work or not, any comments?

2. i have made homemade wine more times than i can remember. including moonshine :D. you can use regular yeast. just mix with water and a little sugar. put the mixture in a bottle and put a ballon over the top.

tip: the more yeast the better but watch the balloon it will explode if you dont drain it properly

3. yeast is in the baking isle at the grocery....and ive never heard of the balloon trick...but what i read was to drill 2-3 holes in the cap of a milk jug lid big enough to fit some small black tubing...use plumbers glue or goop to make air tight..let dry... then tie the tube to desired plant stalk at the top with a piece of yarn or something... hope this helps u.

4. wow nice. i attached mine to a compressment chamber and put it on a timer. works like a charm

5. What does the balloon do? I used a coffee cup to mix H2O,yeast,sugar. Let sit under the plant:hide:

6. when you mix all the stuff together, there will be a chemical reaction.....a gas will be formed, and the balloon will blow up and absorb the pressure..........when the balloon goes down, I belive it is done........Don't know 100 % about the done thing.....