The Absolute Simplest Colloidal Silver Generator

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by KillerKush87, Mar 20, 2013.

1. #1 KillerKush87, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
    Colloidal silver is one method of making femanized seeds. Just spray this on a branch or a whole plant daily for 2-3 weeks at the beginning of flowering, and male flowers will pop out, pollinating the plant, and giving you femanized seeds! I bought some 28 gauge silver wire. Cut 2 pieces about a foot long each. Wrap the wire tightly around both the positive and negative terminals on a 9-volt battery. Stick the wire in a glass of water. Keep the wires about 1" apart, not touching. You will immediately see the reaction take place. The cloudiness you see is the silver being suspended into the water. Wait about 20 minutes, put in a spray bottle, and there ya go! Costs about $15 total and makes GALLONS of colloidal silver! You can even reuse the same strips after you clean them.

Wrap silver tightly around each terminal

image-2958791516.jpg

Put wires into water about 1" apart. Reaction starts immediately.

image-78743263.jpg

After 5 minutes silver starts accumulating on bottom of glass.

image-3404319203.jpg

After 20 minutes the water is completely cloudy. Put in spray bottle and it is ready to use.

image-13719243.jpg

2. Just read your reference and this works?.

3. Yes it does. I am in process of starting a tutorial from start to finish of making feminized seeds. I have weeks before it will be complete. I am going to show a walk through from making colloidal silver, spraying on plants, the male flowers popping out, pollinating itself (and other plants if you want cross-bred feminized seeds), to the seeds growing in the bud. When it is done, it will help people understand the process more.

Until then... A few things are necessary to know. You do not need to spray on the entire plant. If you do, the bud should NOT be consumed. The CS is not very healthy to ingest. To avoid this, spray on only one or a couple branches where you want male flowers. All of the branches that were not exposed to CS are safe. You can clone the mother and spray her to avoid this as well.

What happens is for whatever reason, when you spray CS on a plant just before budding, it will make male flowers with only female pollen. This pollen can be collected to use on other plants or leave it be and the plant will pollenate itself, resulting in feminized seeds.

Spraying 1-2 times daily on the same branch (or whole plant) will create the male flowers in about 10-21 days. Stop spraying when they are present.

4. You need to learn about colloidal silver. It should not be cloudy at all. Do some research before you attempt a tutorial or you'll get chewed up on here.

5. #5 KillerKush87, Mar 21, 2013
    What do you think the point of CS is? That cloudiness is the SILVER!

6. No it's not, good colloidal silver is clear as water and the only way you can tell it has anything in it is to shine a laser beam through it. Like I said, do some research.

7. I'm not trying to argue. Maybe the stuff that is clear is the stuff they use for supplements. I'm telling you, this works.

8. It is the silver. Think about it. What else could it be if it is .999% pure silver? You can see it fall off the wire when you add the battery.

9. I think yours may be turning cloudy because you are using tap water and your silver particles are too big as a consequence. The plant will only uptake the very smallest particles in the solution and anything bigger is basically just spraying silver on your plants. Also are you keeping it in light proof containers? Light degrades colloidal silver very rapidly causing the particles to drop out of suspension. You should pm Loki7 on here he knows a shitload about CS and how it applies to plants.

10. Yea wouldn't hurt to learn more, I'll ask... I don't claim to know it all. Thanks for that. All my point for this thread though, is that it is very VERY simple to make, very cheap, and it works. It made my plants do exactly what it is supposed to, and creates feminized seeds as a result, just as it should. So it definitely works! I wasn't trying to be a dick, constructive criticism is always welcome!

11. Yeah sorry man I'm very blunt most times so I come off as a dick without meaning to. Didn't really mean to hate on ya ;)

12. #12 KillerKush87, Mar 21, 2013
    It's all good! Believe me tho, it works! That was the only point I was trying to make. It may not be a supplement grade kind that you can use for sore throats n all that, but for plants it works just fine :)

I will post the link in here to the "how to make feminized seeds" so I can prove it. Just waiting for them nuts to pop out and I'm finishing it up.

13. FYI Stumpie..the Pros just use a chemical mix...That Jbonez cat did write up the correct method. Just mosy growers get spooked cause the mats. are on Fed watch lists( but 1 oz of each will not raise a flag IME).

These homemade CS gennies are really something that was stumbled upon in the old Overgrow days...and they do work. Now the quality of the females used by most amatures is suspect at best. Too many making fems from fems etc..

14. Never thought of how potency would be affected. I wonder how much. If it is just a little each time, wouldn't be a huge deal. If you got 100 seeds off a good strain and they were all equal in potency and just a tad bit lower quality than the mother, it'd still be worth getting 100 more grows for free! Say you had a Dinafem Blue Widow freebie from the 'tude that was 18% THC, you made 100 seeds that were all 16% THC... I'll take 100 of those for sure!

Now you make me wonder how much it would actually be. I would like to take a bud off a mother plant, grow out a fem seed and take a bud off that, then send in both samples to be tested. I think I'm going to do that, it only cost $40-50 for a potency test I believe

15. Listen to wharfrat, he knows much more about breeding than I do. I'm a grower, not a breeder (well yet anyway ;) )

16. Subbed been waiting for this...lol

17. Do you need help with anything specific?

18. how long can you store this stuff in a clear spray bottle if you keep it in the dark?

19. To be sure, make it and use it without storing for long periods of time. Make it right before you start spraying. It should last you long enough to finish the process (which is 2-4 weeks usually). You may even have to make another batch. If you make more and don't need it all and won't be using soon, I would just toss it. The 20' roll of silver wire will last for a long time. At least 40-60 batches can be made from what I bought there. That is if you have 2x6" wires (pos and neg) and reuse them 1 or 2 times. You can probably reuse them more than 2 times but I haven't tried.

20. I gotta try this thanks