DIY STS (Silver Thiosulfate solution) How to guide for reversing plants.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by "ridge"racer, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Had a couple requests for how we make our Silver thiosulfate solution and its pretty simple..

For anyone who wants female seeds..

This is the only way to guarentee full on male flowers. Colloidal silver generators are just "okay"....

What you need to do is prepare a silver thiosulfate solution. This kills colloidal silver generators and we are looking for success the first time up... So, that in mind...

First, you need to get the supplies.. Purchase a small quantity of Silver nitrate and Sodium thiosulfate on ebay or somewhere.. (you are talkin like 20bucks total)

Prepare:
    .1 Grams silver nitrate
    .5 Grams sodium thiosulfate

First, mix .1g of silver nitrate into 100ml distilled water, stir for about 30 seconds.
    Next, mix the .5 Grams Na2S2o3 into 100m distilled water, also stir for about 30sec-1 minute...

Next mix the solutions by pouring the Silver nitrate into the sodium thiosulfate solution while stirring..

After you are done stirring, add this to 1000ml of distilled water..

Voila! Spray your plants once at the beginning of bloom, with follow ups once each week until you see male flowers, this will work.. Some strains take some coaxing lol.....

Be sure to cover the base, you dont wanna feed them this hydroponically, I promise..

I like to do this before lights out so the light doesnt neutralize the solutions effectiveness, not sure its really an issue or not, but you get the idea.. Silver nitrate doesnt like light...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. "How to guide for reversing plants. "

Nice guide,

Am I missing something?..It seems like this is only about making STS..is there a part 2 that shows you how to reverse the plant? Are there pictures of a plant being reversed or is my internets broken??

3. Good point.. Suppose that would help lol...

Typically we dont photograph breeding projects on the low, but Ill hit a plant tomorrow and throw it in bloom and let the show begin for all to see the light...

What should I reverse?

I have a long list of genetics..lol

hm.. Ill hit the cookies to some stuff...

4. Why was ridge racer banned? I certainly hope it wasnt because of this info!

• Like Like x 1