Newbie 400w HPS White Widow duo grow.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by juanagrow?, Apr 7, 2010.

1. #1 juanagrow?, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
    Well after much research and shopping I'm finally going to get this up and going.
    My Setup:

RDWC

400w HTG Grow Light

2X 18gal Totes (1 for my res, 1 for my root tank)

62gph sub-pump plumbed to drip manifold, 2 lines per basket on 24/7

136gph sub-pump running from my res to my root tank on 24/7. This line also splits to allow a small portion of the water to run into my "cooler tank", which is a 5 gallon bucket with 2 frozen 2 liters that I have on rotation. I have this sitting on top of my res so gravity drains the water back to keep the water level low. This idea is still being experimented with. This pump also doubles as my system drain with the turn of two ball valves.

2X dual line air pumps (20-60gal). All lines run to my root tank connected to four 4 inch airstones.

12in, 8in and 4in area fans for circulation.

6in inline fan (250cfm) used to vent the air around the light and push it to the back of the room.

Ceiling Vent (120cfm) to exaust the room ( Lucky me, this room came with this LOL)

As you can see in the pic, I'm doing this in a bathroom, in the tub. I am not going to enclose the area because I can keep the temps where I want them with ease using the whole room. I might lose a little light but I think I will be fine with the 400w and only 2 plants. The room is completly light tight during dark periods. I will be going with some White Widow that I picked up from Attitude. I have them germing right now so cross your fingers. Well not much more I can think to write. Let me know if you would like to know anything. Sorry I need to get my camera up and running, all I have is this one pic for now.

Attached Files: