First hydro grow[1000w]

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by seedleSs SRH, Mar 13, 2009.

1. this is my 2nd attempt @ a hydro and HID set-up. plants caught mild root rot and i decided to pull them all and start over with clones(instead of non-fem seeds). the clones i hope to get from my buddy are:

-lemon kush x4
    -O.G. Kush x2
    -L.A. Confidential x3

anyways here's my set-up minus the bubblegum babies you see in the pics:

Set-up:
    -1000w MH
    -dedicated grow room AC
    -13 gallon storage bin(4)
    -fox farms nutes(6 part)
    -100 gallon air pump with two outlets per(2)
    -milwakee ph meter pen
    -sunleaves TDS pen
    -3 huge oscillating fans on high
    -ohh yea and the light is air cooled by a 6" vortex fan and vented away from room with AC
    -2 mil mylar all around
    -infrared blocker also on every wall

the outside of the room:
    [​IMG]

the inside(waiting for clones):
    [​IMG]

well that's what i got for now. just failed my first hydro crop by getting root rot(temps too hot). keep an eye pealed as i'll update this thread weekly!!!

2. okay after careful planning we've decided to add 2 more pumps to the grow(adding 4 more bubble membranes total). that way there are two membranes per bucket instead of one per and also this way if a pump fails i still have air being pumped in to all the buckets.

if you're confused, i'm talking about splitting each pump so that if one pump fails i'll still have some o2 being supplied to the roots.

also we are possibly considering adding a water pump to each bucket to circulate the h2o better. would it be worth purchasing an individual pump per bucket(2 plants)?

3. here's a couple more pics of the set-up being built:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. #4 seedleSs SRH, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
    Here's the update :hello:

i ended up going with clones from the local Med Shop instead of from my buddy because he moved out of town.

i picked up 6 Blue Hog(Blue + Hogsbreath) and One(1) Groman(Shaman + Grapefruit + Romulon(sp?)).

one of the blue hogs got rot @ the stem because they were cloned in rockwool(not a fan of it). so i had to pull it. i gave it to a buddy and he ripped off the rockwool and planted it in dirt. says it's coming back and might even make it! wow these plants are tough!

anyways on to the picture update. this picture shows all the plants about 2 days ago. right before i got cal-mag+ to add to my RO water(dumb mistake i know!). All in the picture are Blue Hog except the lone ranger in the back 5 gal bucket. that's the Groman :)

they look better now since adding the cal-mag+ but i do not have access to a camera at this moment to show 'em off.

[​IMG]

5. Alright Here's the Update!

i guess i can not edit my original post anymore so here's a picture of how the outside of the room looks now:
    [​IMG]

this is the lots of them. looking much better after adding the cal-mag+ to em:
    [​IMG]

and here's a lone shot of the Groman :yummy:
    [​IMG]

Any feedback? I'm going to re-arrange the whole room soon so that everything is against the back wall and scoot the 1000w back aswell.

6. Nice set up bro and well thought out by the look of it. Shall be looking forward to seeing those little ladies mature.

I havent noticed a carbon filter in the design yet, you may need to consider this when they get a little bigger to keep the odour under control ??
    :wave:

7. good eye! :cool: yea i have a goblin 6" carbon filter waiting for it's day to come. but i might not use it. im legal and only grow for personal use so i kinda DGAF. we'll see

Thanks for looking!

8. Looks good seedless. (btw... any affiliation to the clothing co.?) Seems like you're makin a lot of progress getting your room dialed in.

One question... do you walk in and out of that door (with vents) to get into the room?

9. thanks for the kind words. and no on the clothing brand affiliation. but i do admit they were the inspiration for my SN. and i do wear alot of the attire.

and for your 2nd question: Yes. why do you ask?

10. Here's a Nice Sunday Afternoon update of the little gals :smoke:

here's a side angle group shot:
    [​IMG]

this is a lone shot of the Groman:
    [​IMG]

some shots of my favorite Blue Hog:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and one more group shot for everyone:
    [​IMG]

11. Started flowering today!!!! pics coming soon!

12. *****Update*****

Day 15 of Flowering

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. no one has anything to say? bummer, was looking for feedback

14. very nice congrats

15. Awsome job! Looks like you know what your doing. Can't wait to see some nuggz.

16. Sweet. Also looking forward to seeing some nice nuggs.
    :hello: nice job.

17. thanks for the kind words everyone! i hope that i do not let you down! keep posted for more updates.

i have an 8 motherplant set-up now that i'll probably post pics of today sometime after work

18. very nice fast veg wtg :) what nutes u running ppm ph and res temp? im a soil master just starting to play with dwc i <3 my soil tho run a 3 week veg from clone and 8 week flower yield 6-8 oz per :) not really looking to top the yield just looking for the fuzzzzzy frost!!!!! hehi mean mines dank as fuck but.... ive seen weed that u cant even see the plant material anymore heh thats what im shooting for.

19. using foxfarm 6-part nute system. res temp around 65 degrees F. ppm on the biggest plants is @ 1,000, the smaller ones are @ 700-800. dunno why but they seem to over fert very easily(the blue hog). but the Groman handles high ppm's like a champ

i'll try and get a couple new pics up tonight :smoking:

20. here's a few images taken moments ago :)

day 20 of flower!!!! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]