1st Time Grow, How am i doing? w/pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by coldnorthwind, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Hey i made a thread last week in another section but got no responses..

Anyways I started 10 1/2 weeks ago with 4 bag seeds (as i didnt wanna wait for my attitude order cuz i was so excited lol) Anyways i veged for 8 weeks and switched to 12/12 and found out 3 were males anyways i got 1 left im trying to maximize yield so give me your thoughts :) I think thats it ask q's if u got em.... and im hoping for a QP but who knows lol its only 1 plant. (2.5 weeks into flower)

Equipment:
    3x3x6.5 Grow tent
    1 400 watt mh/hps cooltube
    1 240 watt blackstar led
    1 random 30 watt led i saw at some random store and had to have it lol.
    inline outline ducting carbon filter and such
    In:250 cfm Out 450cfm (pulled from filter through lights)
    1 mini fan blowing around in tent.
    Iguana Juice Grow + Bloom
    3-4 gal pot
    Pro Mix Soil / Perlite
    And a couple co2 bags (probably a waste of money but w/e)

Attached Files:

2. I was told the strain is called "early girl" cant be sure though.

3. hmmm not very easy to get any feedback on here not even 1 view, maybe a bad time to post i guess. Im sort of new to the whole forum thing aswell...

4. Go with bigger pots if you want to even come close to qp. The plant looks great though.

5. So im probably looking at maybe 2 oz than? i think next time im gonna go with maybe 8 plants sea of green type of grow lots of little plants... im trying to figure out how to get max yield with the stuff i got for next grow

6. Definitely SoG and bigger pots. Your plant is so bushy it will not get much light below the tops.

7. ya i was hoping it was going to be taller but it just never grew up and i fimmed it at week 5 i think of veg. I got that led set up so it gets some decent penetration. I think i need better genetics and more practice.

8. Nice set up bro.I think your running a little high on nitrogen.What are you feeding them? You might want to give auto flowers a shot.I got some cudh ryder in week 4 at about 26" there about 1 week in flower.

9. Just Iguana Juice Bloom every other watering, 15 ml per gallon everytime i feed it everything perks up and it seems happy, not sure what else i should give it if anything, distilled water btw ph'd to 6.2-6.6 depends on how lazy i am at the time.

10. Should i tuck some foliage in to uncover bud sites? The pictures arent great i got a better camera coming this weekend and ill have better pics than.

11. you can tuck foilage it will help.I'm not sure what the npk of iguana juice is.you want a lot of phosphoras right nowand less nitrogen.when did you switch over to the bloom from the grow juice? There healthy for sure.that plant should get you a couple oz.

12. Its 4-3-6 and i last fed with "Grow" nutes a few days before switching to 12/12 than straight water then next time it was dry i started using "Bloom" nutes. so basically a days after switching to 12/12. Pistils started shooting out like that next day

13. stick with the bloom nutes you'll see the plant start to slowly yellow which is normal.Did you get your attitude order yet? i use them and herbie'e head shop.

14. Ya im going to def stick with the bloom nutes but if some 1 can give me good ideas of additives to add to the regimen that would be very help full. Also what can i do to improve? gimme some tips or ideas or something i need to be getting more than 2 oz's per grow. Im thinking about adding co2 would that increase my yield on this plant if i kept my air at 1500 ppm the next 5 weeks or so ?

15. sub'd

do you have a rough estimate on how much all of your equipment cost?
    I really like this setup.

I have a a buddy of mine who will be renting a house with me after my current lease runs out, and we really want get a little grow op going

16. #16 coldnorthwind, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2011
    I bought everything on amazon, and tried to stick with stuff on amazon prime to get the free 2 day shipping :) cuz i was very excited and didnt want to wait lol. Anyways i think initially i paid 5-600 for tent, light, filter fan combo+ duct fan and basic temp gauge u see in pic. Well than i had to buy nutes and soil and ph up and down and about 10 million random other things lol. Id say i now have 1200 $ into the set up plus a bunch of things you dont see like a couple bubble buckets for next grow. If you budget and dont be like me and buy everything under the sun than you can do my set up for 600$. After i had everything set up i looked on craigslist and found all the stuff i bought for cheaper about 10-30 miles away. (look on CL first).
    Take your time and shop around

BTW: I bought my light on amazon from a company called LED WholeSalers. Ballast never worked properly and they never responded to my emails or calls, so i had to purchase a Lumatek Dimmable ballast and im super happy with it. (super lumen option).

17. Hey
    I just put my ppm air quality meter in to see how much co2 i got going on in my house out of curiousity, im about 700 ppm in every room and around 800 ppm in my grow tent (fluctuates alot) with those 2 co2 bags. I am wishing i didnt buy those 2 bags for 70$ when i could of used that money to help get a reg and tank.
    After xmas good chance i upgrade and get a 20lb co2 tank.

Pic of the Meter, and some starting to bud shots, the camera im using is total garbage but luckily i got my g/f a new camera for xmas, so after this weekend i can give you better pics they are alot bigger then it looks.

Attached Files:

18. Week 3 Update
    Got some new pictures with a better camera tell me what you think :)

Attached Files:

19. I know very little about Growing yet, just setting up my first grow using you thread an setup as a guide, very nice by the way...

but I see some of your leaf a little folded inward is that due to some nute deficiency or humidity, or is that normal?

again i don't know jack just curious..

20. looks good

i had that same led panel on the right in the 2nd pic, and it was crap...i would actually say lose it and put afew cfl...so the lower part of the plant could get some light..but thats just imo...