how to find out when to harvest (without microscope)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fadda, Oct 7, 2011.

1. hi :smoke:

is there any way to find out the plant is ready if not using microscope.
    i know i can cut one bud off and try but is there any other way? maybe some special signs that tell your girl is ready.

2. What kind of plant do you have? Any pics homie?

3. its Auto Blueberry by Dutch Passion, hydro grown, 90W Grow LED + 125W CFL, 8 weeks today. I'll post some pics later but i just wanted to know whether there are any general signs of the buds being ready for harvest.

4. The colour of the trichomes is the best bet. You can see that by eye so you don't need a microscope. The milkyer they the better when you see most turning amber thats your sweet spot. They will never all go dark so don't try and hold out too long.

5. The easiest way I know other than checking your tichs would be to check the white hairs on the outside of your buds, once they have turned brown they will start to recede and become barely noticeable. Most people pull when the hairs change color but take the time and wait for them shrink down. Post pics when you can, I'd love to see it

6. oh thanks a lot. mine has a lot of white hair yet but ill post some pics a few hours later after i trim some leaves :)

7. Well, this is not an accurate method, but I know some small time growers will evaluate their plants just by red hair coverage as opposed to white hairs. This is completely inaccurate though, the trichomes should be your main focus. Just get a jewelers loupe, that's what I use. Get a strong one. They are cheap and fit in your pocket.

8. You guys think this is ready ? Had to pull it due to neighbors being nosy

Attached Files:

9. I wait until the calyxes have completely swollen up