cbd

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dogmule, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Is it high cbd that makes u trip out and paranoid etc or low . And roughly what are the cbd ranges.
    Thanks

2. Maybe I should post in the advanced section if no one knows

3. #3 kbrickz420, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    CBd is the couch effect thc makes the trippy feeling

4. No hon, it is the THC that causes the high and panic reactions! CBD does just the opposite- it calms you down without making you high! :)

Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients. (abst – 2011) Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety indu... [Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabis with high cannabidiol content is associated with fewer psychotic experiences. (abst – 2011) Cannabis with high cannabidiol content is asso... [Schizophr Res. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

CBD is a remarkable cannabinoid, even if it doesn't get you high! You can read more about it by clicking that first link in my sig!

EDUCATE YOURSELF! :yay:

Granny :wave:

5. CBD gives you a couch lock effect. Some call it a Body high, and others just say Laziness haha. I enjoy high CBD counts. When I get stoned, I usually don't plan on doing much anyways. Gotta love night smoking.

If you want trips/paranoia...find a strong Sativa strain.

6. ^Agree.

And you need to give your post more than 23 minutes before you throw up your hands at the lack of responses. Some of us work for a living... :rolleyes:

7. i was thowing my hands up after 2 minutes pal,, haha

8. CBD is that cannabinoid that does all that good stuff for your body.

Some research indicates that CBD can increase alertness.(although it has seditative affects on animal tests)(whenever i've seen animal get some pot, I always see then get fuuucked up..sometimes it just stands there with its eyes closed or it just falls over and can't keep its balance).
    It may decrease the rate of THC clearance from the body, perhaps by interfering with the metabolism of THC in the liver. Medically, it has been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea, as well as inhibit cancer cell growth. Recent studies have shown cannabidiol to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics in treating schizophrenia. Studies have also shown that it may relieve symptoms of Dystonia.

Cannabidiol is shown to decrease activity of the limbic system, and to decrease social isolation induced by THC.It's also shown that Cannabidiol reduces anxiety in social anxiety disorder.

Source:Wikipedia

9. Good stuff.

Now, does anyone know which strains contain good amounts of cbd, and in particular if any sativa strains contain a decent amount.
    Thanks

10. [quote name='"dogmule"']Good stuff.

Now, does anyone know which strains contain good amounts of cbd, and in particular if any sativa strains contain a decent amount.
    Thanks[/quote]

Harlequin and Cannatonic are the ones most people mention, both are indica dom. CBN Seeds has White Widow pheno they claim is high in CBDs.

11. Good work kid, really after a roaring sativa tho.

3 points to anyone who knows of one

12. The CBD levels have as much to do with harvest time as they do strain. If you find a sativa that was harvested late you can find higher CBD levels, but most sativas are harvest on the early end of the spectrum because they take so long to flower. Indicas flower faster and it's easier to let them get fully ripe. So they will typically be the ones with higher CBD levels.

They just tested all the strains at my canna club, and if I remember correctly, the GDP had the most CBD, followed by Flat Top, and God's Gift. I personally go for the high CBD strains because of the medicinal effects. It's great for nausea and stress.

13. Yeah, its just nice to chill rather than always over thinking things.

I've been mixing different strains recently to try and get what I like - its been a bit better

14. Definitely White Widow.

It doesn't have as high a THC percentage as the other cross-breeds but it's CBD is thru the roof. White Widow will kick you on your ass. haha:D

15. Sativas tend to be higher in THC and lower in CBD, though you can manage that a little by when you harvest.

16. seriously though..nobody is gonna maybe mention the actual medical strains? D: how about strain 2048? :O