Prune durin flower???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chuck Duece, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Sorry if this is a dumb question but can I prune my leave during flowering? Here's the story: I had some hella good swag and used that seed for my first grow. Well when it was roughly 2ft I topped it and used that for a clone cuz if the swag was good I know the seedless version would b better and heard the top was best to keep for mother clone. Now the problem is I ran into $$$ problems and never got the light I wanted so I'm flowering with two 4ft 32 watt bulbs and two 26 watt cfls so a lot of potential sites ain't gettin light. So should I cut these to give more energy to the spots that r flowering, leave it b, or...?

Attached Files:

2. I wouldn't remove any leaf that is still mostly green. The more you cut off the plant, the more it has to divert energy from flowering to tissue repair. As long as the leaf is green, it's photosynthesizing and providing energy to the plant. (half-dead, zombie leaves should be cut off)

How long did you veg for? I'd have flipped that at 12" max.

3. 70 days from sprout to flower. When is the best height to flower if I had a 600 watt light? Its n a 9' tall room but I also don't wanna wait forever to harvest. I'm only allowed to have 6 plants.

4. 12-16" max. Reason is, every artificial light has a maximum penetration for effective photosynthesis. Outdoors, your plant recieves the same lumens per sq ft on the bottom as it does the top. Indoors, your light becomes less efficient with distance in squares. Huge difference between indoor and outdoor grows.

You can grow a plant 5' tall indoors, but only the top 12-16" or so will yield fat bud, so you might as well have started flower at 12". Anything more than that is a waste of resources.

5. Thx for all that info :)