Is SMART WATER good for marijuana plants????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by troykey9, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Is SMART WATER any good for marijuana plants. Bi-Lo has them for $.88 a bottle.

Attached Files:

2. depends on ph....... which i dont know off the top of my head.

3. I only have test strips for ph. So I don't have a on point way of getting the ph :-(

4. I dont see why not, although I hear that all the nutrients, minerals, vitamins/whatever all get filtered out of that water.

5. well get a ball park PH with the test strips, and add a little lemon juice to drop it down to inbetween 6 and 7.

6. [quote name='"Led Zepp"']I dont see why not, although I hear that all the nutrients, minerals, vitamins/whatever all get filtered out of that water.[/quote]

Oh damn. Is that bad? I know they add calcium chloride , magnesium chloride and potassium bicarbonate. What ever that is??

7. bleh. you shouldnt use such cheap water on your plants bro.

8. are you going to be adding nutes into it?

9. No I have plants in fox farm ocean forreSt. So it is still feeding them. but next week I will be adding pro grow to waterings.

10. [quote name='"daltonmc"']bleh. you shouldnt use such cheap water on your plants bro.[/quote]

What do you think I should use? I'm new to this growing thing. Any advice is great?

11. yeah then it should be fine... just check the ph , add a bit of lemon juice, till the ph is inbetween 6 and 7 on your ph strip stuff.

12. I wouldnt listen to this lol.... ive used ph`d tap water all my life with out a single problem.... chlorine and all lol... Smart water ph`d will be fine.

13. [quote name='"noviceGrower420"']

I wouldnt listen to this lol.... ive used ph`d tap water all my life with out a single problem.... chlorine and all lol... Smart water ph`d will be fine.[/quote]

Nice !!! Thx bro for the heads up. Oh and the lemon juice thing too!! :)

14. I guess it depends on what is avail in the area. Some places have pretty nasty drinking water (imo!), and if its too nasty to drink, I wouldnt put it in my plants either! The well water at my mom's place is drinkable (gag), and passed the local water quality testing bs, but it smells horrible (high sulfer) and makes the worst tasting drinking water or coffee. If your tap water isnt like that, then I would bubble out tap water for a day or two to cut costs and the hassle of lugging water home..I did the bottled water gig for a while, but you go through a lot and it adds up,trips to the store, cost, empty bottles. At least disposing them isnt as bad as nute bottles...

15. I just ph'ed it and it's around 6.5 and 6.8. Is this good?

16. I just ph'ed the SMART WATER and it is around 6.5 and 6.8. Is this good?

17. yeah perfect.... lol. good stuff.

18. For all the talk about water I use tap water and ph balance it. I dont let it sit out 24 hours simply fill my container up, add nutes, ph balance it and works just great. Not a single issue from it.

Whats funny on bottled water is what a waste it is. There is ZERO regulation on it. There have been programs on where some of this "pure" water comes from. One major maker is near a nuclear toxic waste processing facility, another says Natural Spring water and when the news asked where the spring was they said someone where in the state.

Aquafina uses sewage waste which they buy cheap, filter it and turn around and sell it for a fortune.