Mold and mildew concerns

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by canadian69, Sep 3, 2011.

1. I am in an old house and mold/mildew are present. I am very concerned about being able to control this in my hydro grow. Is simply adding peroxide to the reservoir enough? I can't really eliminate the source as its just the fact that its an old house and probably everywhere. I can filter the intake vent as a precaution but I doubt that's enough seeing as I have to open the grow area for service.

2. the peroxide will help provide oxygen to your water and prevent some mold. i would also recommend using a systemic fungicide that works in the root zone and you can just add it to your water. first and foremost though, take care of the existing mold problem in your house. its not safe for you or anyone else, nevermind the plants

3. canadian69 what I would suggest is prevention for your grow I know you can't do nothing about the house but the mold is in the air and so you bringing it in your grow room is sure,goggle mold and mildew prevention because once you get it it's a bitch to get rid of not only soil but you plant,try yo air tight your place with weather stripping plastic over the entrance before entering and for sure use clean clothes when going in there,believe me I had it and it took almost the entire veg cycle to get it under control,humidity plays a important part and air movement,hopes this helps

4. Great help peeps, thanks