Flowering Clone Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Apollo 11, Aug 30, 2011.

1. A few questions:

For this hypothetical scenario, the flowering clone would be taken at the recommended day 21 of flowering.

1. At what point (day) is the clone considered reverted back to the vegetative state?

2. Let's say after 3 weeks of the initial cutting, the clone is relocated to a larger container and under more lights to "officially" begin the vegetative stage as it is now ready to do so. What "day" does the plant think it is? I am curious to know because a plant must remain in the veg state for a certain period before switching to the flowering stage.

3. Lastly, does the size of a cutting always reflect the final size of the plant?

2. 1. you will know when it goes back to veg. the plant will do some weird things from my exp the leaves will flip or curl one of my leaves in the recent reveg made a complete spiral.

2. after the plant is reveged 100% I placed mind back in the veg box and grew it with the rest of the non flowering clones it did take a bit longer, I let mine go the full 2 months in veg cycle before the switch.

3. no, the size of the mother it was taken from should reflect the final size of the plant.

hypothetically

3. Exactly what mixetd said about the reveg. It will be obvious to you when it's gone back to regular growth and is ready to flower again. The size of the cutting doesn't make much difference. It's more a matter of how long you veg, what lights and nutes you use, strain, etc.

4. #4 gtoman210, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Not true you can do 12/12 from seed and get about 2-3 oz's

5. #5 420oney, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
    Few questions myself. Couldnt sleep,so what better else to due,then perfect my hobby. So some of you take clones from a flowering plant? I thought I've read,that lessens the potency,whether true or not,trying to find out. Only time I have done that was from unknown seeds,to determine sex. Of course they were vegged for a bit,before switched to flower and usually around 10 days,I was able to determine the sex,then thrown back into veg to get some clones. Now I buy strictly feminized seeds from (Attitude Seeds) and they have been female each and everytime,also never have had any problems,usually sitting in mailbox in about 7 days,I dont even pay the extra $$$ for guarantee,just an FYI. Any info on these clones from a flowering plant,would be appreciated,I read that info from another site I use to browse.

Also has anyone ever topped a plant thats been vegging and turned it into a mother,using the cloning method,I've read someones guide to that,but failed the first time,probably from stupid mistakes. Currently got 3 mothers in veg,1 is only about 1",shes pretty slow,but looks healthy,I only cut 2 clones from her and they still have life,but very little roots on 1 and none on the other,but thats ok cause 8 are going now and thats enough,but throw the other 2 in flower eventually and hopefully out of the 3. I can get something half way decent. The other 2 are 3' and the clones from them did well and started flowering yesterday. Still got plenty of room height wise in veg room and gonna try cutting in half with about another 1',these are experimental and not sure what the outcome may be.

Sorry to the OP,a little OT,I got so many questions,I tend to rumble on.

6. I have revegged a couple times, I don't find it very efficient, I did not notice any potency difference in the final product but it could be true I was just not looking for it so I did not note that aspect. One thing I did notice is that mine had slow growth, not sure if it was due to. All I know is it takes alot longer to clone and reveg from a flowering plant than one from veg. I only did this last one because I did not want to loose the strain.

I have done this to my mother, she is currently under a foot tall and has been for over a month, I have topped her several times. I pulled several clones from her (6 to be exact) and could pull lots more if I needed to. I will post pictures of my tiny mother tomorrow in my GJ if you are intrested to see what a multi topped veg mother looks like.

7. To the rescue,thanks again. Great,I would like to see,I'll be checking.

8. 420ooney, don't worry about a thread hijack lol

A flowering clone is preferable for some setups because they take a bit longer and some setups are just not ready in time for new plants due to their mother plant still in the flowering stage and not yet ready for harvest.

9. #9 Mixted, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
    No disrespect intended but I have a separate flower and veg room and aside from strain preservation there is no need to reveg it seem tO be a complete waste of time.

10. [quote name='Apollo 11']420ooney, don't worry about a thread hijack lol

Thats cool,I just thought I would add that and Ive added it on others,I tend to ramble on and kinda sway away, I try to sneak in a few more questions,theres so many threads out there,I asked a bunch of questions in another thread for some advice for my new box and layed out a plan and everthing was pretty OT imo,but someone,that just joined 8 months ago,told me that of course your new,but people frown upon that,which the OP didnt even have a problem and that I should of started a new thread. I thought it was a bit of a reach,to be honest. Its all good,wow theres so many threads/pages,its hard to ciphen through everything. Appreciate it.:wave: