sprouts, quick question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DoktorSOG, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Im putting this here cuz I've only ever worked with clones, so I'm a newbie with my little seed to sprouts ;] okay I have 2 sprouts, 6 days apart, I planted BigBud on the 18th & zensation the next weekend. AND THEY SEEM SLOW AS $#@%. the BigBud when first sprouted was a monster 3 inchs in like 2 days, & 5 days to get its first true leafs, but now its halted, my zensation pretty much sprouted with its first true leaves. But I fear it might be slow to, to soon to tell. Id like to take 8clones from each in about a month, How can I make my babies into some big ass ready to clone mamas. When can i feed? dosage?

Ps. I have some rooting powder for clones, can I mix it with water(this I know is fine) put in a spray bottles & squirt the base of my sprouts to help root growth?

2. Lighting? soil?

3. I have some gay ass mg filling half the cups topped with plain organic soil no nutes on top, so they get some mg nutes once the roots reach it, 40w cfl 1 half inchs above, they'll get 2 70 watt double tubes once I get the mom/clone cab complete

4. You never know who's gay when you comment. I am. Try not to use the word that way. ok?
    Anyway, sounds like you have a plan.

5. Sounds like your a little low on lighting to me. Everything I have read says about 100w for first plant, and 50 for each after. I am a newbie though, and maybe the sprouts will be fine with the 40w.

6. I dont fert at all during veg. Never had the need to, it may increase my yield but since I have not done it, I cant compare! :)

Above posts are right, lighting is the main thing if your wanting some nice plants :) again above posts are right with 100 actual watts for first plant and 50 actual watts per 2nd plant. This is usually a minimum not a maximum. More is better to a point.

For seedlings I use 1 small 24 to 32 actual watts CFL per 2 plants. Once they get their real set of leaves I give each plant one CFL, when they are a few inchs higher and resemble a marijuana plant I go to the 100 watts for 1 plant plus 50 per every other one. (current setup has about 220 watts for 2 plants, I would put more in If I had the ventilation)

Im not sure about rooting hormore I always thought it was to encourage a certain type of growth and speed up process, your seedlings are not deficient in that area and should be ok. I dont think it would help the roots of a seedling. (they dont use as much energy and such as say a foot tall clone would)

IMHO! :)

7. I live on an island with the highest percent of gay/les people in America, please.don't take insensitive comments to heart,

Now, the sprouts now have 120w, a small fan & I poked a dozen holes in the cups around where I saw roots & then I watered, & they were under 2 weeks & were small enough to share the 40w, but remember there not actually sharing the 40, each plant was still getting a full 40 not 20.

The zensation i had planted a week after the bb is already equal in size to the bb, & has thickker stem, its Moc's new strain & you can easily tell its got great genetics

8. don't take insensitive comments to heart

Don't make insensititive comments. Didn't living on that island teach you anything yet?

9. Nope, are you really trynna say I was in the wrong? Calling a gay person gay(which I didn't) is a true statement, not an offensive one. That's like saying if I told my black friend he's black, he should be offended Lolol

10. You used gay as an insult. I rest my case. I won't be returning to this thread.