My first Grow 1 Industrial Plant, 2 White Widow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rizzo30, Jul 20, 2011.

1. These are some updated pics of my grow. I was gone all weekend and to my surprise when I got back, these things did a lot of growing in the past couple of days.

I am thinking about fimming these things here soon. Do you guys think I am about ready for that? I checked out the guide for that and I noticed the little thing that grows on top of the plant in the middle and kind of looks like a "Y" has appeared at least on one of my plants. It is pretty tiny, but it is there. My question is do you guys think I am about ready for fimming? If I am not mistaking here, I think that the leaves on the top may be the third leaf set meaning that I could be about ready. This is my first grow so I just want to make damn sure I don't do anything wrong.

Attached Files:

2. Updates from Day 26. One plant is just over 9 inches and the other two are at about 8 inches tall. I can only allow these things to get about 3 feet tall with the height of my tent that i'm dealing with so it looks like these ladies will be put into the flower stage here within the next couple of days. They seem to be growing at at about anywhere from half to a full inch per day now.

Attached Files:

3. Any comments at all? Anyone interested in more pictures in the future?

4. looking nice, keep it up. what bloom nutes will you be into?

5. I will be using Fox Farms Tiger Bloom. I am using Fox Farms Trio for the whole grow.

6. Day 30, Day 2 Flower

These are some updates from day 2 of flower. I decided to get a carbon scubber with a six inch inline high velocity fan from HTG Supply. Its rated at 424 cfm. This thing really pulls on the walls of my tent. The carbon filter is on the bottom left there. Air is sucked into the carbon filter. From there it is routed out of the bottom of the tent to the fan which is sucking air out. I went with a six inch fan rather than a four inch. I think I may have went a bit overkill with my carbon scrubber, but I can really tell that its got a negative pressure. Air comes into the tent at really good rates through all vents and cracks. I also have a six inch hose that connects to the top of the tent which is an inlet to bring in air to replace the filtered air.

Other than that, this fan sounds like a damn air plane. LOL I was able to go to a local Menards and bought supplies for about $40 to make a muffler. Having a muffler on this fan works wonders. To construct it I bought a thing of 8 inch metal tubing, two 8 to 6 inch reducers, some spray glue and a foam bed from the bedding department of Walmart. The foam was cut and clued to the 8 inch metal tubing. This is sheet metal tubing thats used for heating by the way. I laid it out flat, prayed it with glue, and pasted the foam bed to it and then trimmed it up. You just snap the heating pipe together and put the reducers on each end and you got a muffler that took maybe 10 minutes to make and probably $30 cheaper than ebay.

Attached Files:

7. Looks good man!

8. Thanks. They seem to grow pretty fast. They are growing at about an inch per day now. This hobby sure takes a lot of patients, but hopefully a nice harvest at the end will pay off.

9. Awesome man.

Yea, it takes a ton of patience. I wouldn't mind so much if I had any connections but it's killing me to have an empty bowl waiting on them to grow. I cant wait until harvest time. :D

Did you get your scrubber from htg as well? If so how does it work? I have the same fan, and am ordering a scrubber this week,

10. Connections is not a problem for me since I know a couple people around my area that sell. I will say that it did start to get a bit dry during the middle of summer. I just hate having to buy sacks for $60 for 3.5 grams or $100 to $120 per quarter oz. Its just very expensive at that price. That and its also a pain in the ass in my mind to contact the dealer and arrange for a spot to make a deal. I just hate wasting time with trying to find a sack. So I have connections, but I will be very happy when I do not have to deal with them no more which would be the case once these are harvested. Like you, I myself just can't wait for harvest time. I check them out every night to see how much they grow.

As far as the scrubber, yes, both the scrubber and fan are from htg. It was a 6 inch inline fan and scrubber combo for about $195. I picked it up as a package through htg off of ebay. It might be a bit overkill since it seems to have sooo damn much power. It really seems like it is pulling on the walls of my tent with the power at which it is able to pull air out at. Of course I think that may not be a bad thing though. I am using it to destroy the smell. At this point I don't really think the plants had much of a smell to them yet since I just started to flower them two days ago. The filter itself is fairly large. Its probably a couple feet tall and about a foot wide and weighs at least 7 pounds. The filter itself has a lot of surface area since it is quite large. That is probably a good thing since the air actually passes through the filter at a somewhat slow speed with all of that surface area. Besides smell, I also use it for air exchange to keep the tent cool. Its keeping my temps down to 82 so I really can't complain with that. The only down side is that the fan is a little loud. I made a muffler for mine which seems to help a lot. I also laid foam over the fan itself which helped to cut down on heat.