Few questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PapaSquirt, Jul 14, 2011.

1. #1 PapaSquirt, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
    1. can general hydroponics micro go bad? has some major chunks in it
    2. can general hydroponics nutes be stored in a fridge?
    3. can ph balance be stored in the fridge?
    4. whats wrong here?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bump for help

3. Those leaves are cooked! I think that's a nitrogen deficiency, what soil are you using? What lights? Need to provide more information.

4. #5 PapaSquirt, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
    not soil....8 bubble buckets....600 watt hid with a 600 watt hps waiting...Lucas formula right now...ph from 5.5 to 6.0...ro water

the jug of micro had some pretty large chunks floating it (over a year old) is all most like sludge so i purchased a new bottle, also i thought it was salt build up so i ran in straight water for 3 days a few weeks ago

5. i asked about storing in fridge to keep them in a cool dark spot

6. not getting much help here

7. either nute burns, or a nute deficiency.
    yes nutes can go bad, everything has a shelf life.
    shake the bottles very good everytime before you use them
    read the lables about storage, it should say what temps are safe to store at.

8. i know it either nute burns, or a nute deficiency but does anyone have any idea which one?

9. my guess would be mag def. start with that new bottle at a 1/3 or 1/2 strength.

10. i may have salt build up. how long would i run bubble buckets with plain ro water?

i have to run my RO to a reservoir tank (no nutes) with an air stone.... will it get stagnant and get bacteria?

11. think your right about it being mag def so im going to foliage spray with epson salts tonight. still need answers for the above question

12. yes ro water does go bad kinda what happens is it loses its oxygen which the roots need. if you use up ur res in a couple of days its not really needed but any longer and ur drowning ur roots. I use one anyway.

13. more of a holding tank...my ro system does not out put enough in a day so i put it in a holding tank till i get my 40 gallons...then i can use it to fill my buckets with nutes. i do have an air pump with air stone...so will my straight ro water go bad in 4 days like this (no nutes)

14. no if ur ro is pumping in the whole time with fresh stuff should be fine sounds like mine i use an air stone anyway more oxy the better

15. ok next thing i would like to know is when using clearex how do i mix it and foe how long would i let it run in some bubble buckets for? i keep reading different opinions! to much info sometimes......lol

16. #18 trichome fiend, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    ....seems like you've run into some problems here. 1st off....if your micro has chuncks of shit in it, toss it! ....read the lables, refrigeration isn't needed and I'm sure it isn't recommended....shake the hell out of those bottles often! ....always mix your micro first, then your bloom. The micro is sensative, and can lock up nutirents if not diluted first.

...if you need to up the ppm of your res, dilute your micro into a gallon of h2o before adding to your res.....you can dump the bloom straight into the res. It's that simple with the lucas formula.

....the clearex should be added according to the directions on the bottle. You'll want to empty your res 1st....2nd, fill it with fresh h2o w/ clearex added....flood your rocks for 1-2 hours ...after that's completed, you empty your res again....and last, you refill with your desired solution....and your grow continues.

....hope that helps ya! :D:wave:

17. #19 PapaSquirt, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
    i did buy new micro 2 weeks ago and i always add it first and shake of course. i have tried to ad cal/mag being ro and hearing peeps say it was a mag problem....still the same problem! i have tried to run hard water in some and ro in others....still same problem i have changed feeding strengths...still same problem

i think i have tried and changed things so much it has done more damage the good.

trying clearex now for an hour at 7ml at 4 gallons there actually 5 gallon buckets but at this point im being careful (maybe to careful)

i have grown for a few years with this same setup at another place with not one problem. i was even doing the advanced gh line and lucas.

what ever it is it seems to go after the bigger older leaves first then work its way down

the only thing different here is the water. im really at a lose and hate to be beaten by some plants lol

18. still looking for any and all help here :)