Northern Lights AutoFlower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by timetotry, May 19, 2011.

1. Mornin' all,

Day 42

The Grow:- NL Feminised auto's, aerogarden classic, 2x 20 w cfl's as side lights, Easy grow bloom, maxicrop seaweed

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of my girl. She's on day 42 and stands 28 cm tall and she's started stretching since I went 12/12. I have been reading up a lot on auto's and it seems that at the end of last year/beginning this year nl auto's were having a lot of problems not flowering...guess what...I have one that I had to flip to 12/12 4 days ago because I was not getting any preflowers/pistils. Once the pistils start showing would I be able to put her back to 20/4?

Cheers for any input guys :D

Attached Files:

2. You just have side lights?

3. I'm using an aerogarden which comes with hood and 2x 26w cfl full spectrum lights. I'm only growing the one so theres around 5000 lumens in an aera no bigger than 40 cm wide, 20cm depth and i have pimped the hood so it can go up to 100 cm

4. Hmm, sounds cool. Never really seen. Gotta site for em? I'm pretty new so I can't really give advice, sounds like your pretty set though. Stems look thick, lookin good.

5. Cheers fella,

I'm new to this myself. This is my first grow and made sure I done lots of research first. Not got to much space to play with so the aerogarden seems ideal for the 1 plant. If you do a search on GC for aerogarden You'll find some excellent tutorials.

The only issue I find is keeping the PH around 5.8 which is the optimum range for aero/hydro grow, I'm having to use ph down twice and sometimes 3 times a day!

6. Is this a nirvana NL auto seed?? If it is....they are not great at all and i had a few that grew to be full plants lol!! I hope that not the case with yours.Looks good man!!

7. Quick update. Just checked and I've seen some pistils :) now the question is do I stick with 12/12 (only been 4 days, still don't know if the 12/12 brought the pistils out or if its just flowered as its an auto?) Or go back to 20/4?

8. #8 CrossGore, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Autos go by an internal clock. If your growing autos best light is 20/4 or 18/6, autos need the most light they can get.

9. I've been growing them on 20/4, they are the nirvana northern lights feminised seeds but read that others have had problems with these autoflowering so thought I'd go 12/12 for the last 4 days and now I can see a few pistils

10. #10 CrossGore, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Oh well okay if you say so, I thought the recallwas awhile back

11. Ok so auto flowering plants can be left on a vegative light cycle? If its showing signs of flowering I would continue what your doing. Just my thought, but I'm new

12. So no new issues since they were recalled? I think it's probably me, my first grow and I need to have more patience lol, I just thought as they were at day 38 and not shown any pistils the seed might be a but of a dud

13. I wish you good look with your A.F. Nirvana is considered probably the worst breeder for autoflowering seeds.

14. Not sure if i'm fretting over nothing but it seems my plant is drooping quite alot at the bottom, upper half seems fine, I changed the res tank and gave it the same amount of nutes 2 days ago as its last feed, about 5 days into flowering. I've attached a couple of pics, any advice would be much appreciated.

Also, I'm using vitalink easy grow, is there any other supplement that I can add for the buds? I've also added maxicrop seaweed in the last 3 res changes.

Attached Files:

15. Sorry meant to put easy bloom ;)

16. I've heard a lot about the problems. I'm about to start a AF NL Nirvana and I hope it works as a AF. I've heard they had recalls and some were taken off the market, but I just bought some so I figure they stabilized the genes maybe and took off the hold. Maybe, I don't know for sure. If you don't want to go full 20 /4 cycle again cause you're worried about the flowering, why not go for some middle ground like 16 / 8 or 14 / 10 and see if she keeps flowering.

But here is something I'd like to know: What happens if you have a plant in a flowering stage and you put it back to vegetative cycle. Does it keep bloomin or does it stop and grow some more or what? Cause I don't really see what the big fuss is about keeping an AF on a 20 / 4 schedule, cause if it stops or doesn't bloom you can contact nirvana and get some NL pure bred and I know its not the same but you already bought the shit and what can you do, just grow those with growing techniques to keep plant height down but bushy, maybe some LST also.

I'm going to keep the light schedule of 21 / 3 and does anyone know around what day in the flowering should start, cause I'll just wait and watch for that around then and maybe wait up to a week or so to see if maybe it's a late bloomer or whatever, You'd just get a slightly bigger plant if it's not an AF but hey... more leaves more stems thus more bud! And isn't that what this is all about. THank YOu

17. LOL! Very well done... Considering these aero gardens are FUCKING TERRIBLE things to grow your girls in, you have done VERY well!

REP time!

18. Cheers Aussie for the rep:D

Well it's now day 52, The problem I had with the leaves drooping turned out to be a ph issue, meter was knackered so got a new 'un. Just a few more pics, I think she's into about day 11 of flowering.

Anyone got any ideas on how long before she's done? It's my first grow, so at a guess i'd say another 4/5 weeks?

Attached Files:

19. nice grow bud :D I currently have 2 nl autos on the go aswell under a 125watt 6500k and 2 26 w side cfls. I'm on day 35 and just have pre-flowers, how long did it take to kick into flowering from there?

20. I would say she'll be done in about 2.5 to 3.5 weeks... rough guess considering I know nothing about this strain or pheno. :)