i need some help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by deadkamakazi, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Ok so i started my grow maybe 2 weeks ago got a 118v 60hz 20w plant light on thrm but there getting really tall and stringy what should i do to get them to actually grow

Attached Files:

2. Oh and ive got them on 18/6 about 3-5in from light never goes below 65 but sometimes a lil over 95 degrees

3. Bump, im heading to the local plant store need to know if im gunna have to restart .or if theres something i can get ro help

4. have you checked your ph at all?

5. Yes it was at 6.6 arourd noon today

6. #6 Shizah, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    How high from your plants is your light source? Looks like they are stretching for light. I had that same issue with my CFL setup and now my first plant is tall and slinky. On my second plant I moved the light 3-4" from it and it is focusing on leaves instead of length. Move you light closer. Check to make sure it is not too close that it is going to burn them. To check, put the back of your hand under the light at the top of the canopy. If it doesn't bother you it isn't going to hurt the plants.

Also... Do you have a fan in there? I am trying to strengthen my tall plant by focusing more "wind" on it. You should definitely have a fan on anything you grow though.

One final thing... Are those nutes in that water bottle in the pic? I am still pretty new to this, but they look strong if so. Idk, just something else to look in to.

7. Well when i started them the light was far away but i got a new light and put it 3 to 4inches away. There is no heat commin off my lights. I live in florida so the temp is always about 80. Should i throw away and restart or will they b ok?

8. #8 Shizah, Apr 24, 2011
    Yep.. Same problem I had. Started too far away from the light. IMO don't start over. Use these to keep honing in on your skills. Chances are we are going to fuck up again, so why not fuck up on these plants. From what I read, these tall ones are not going to produce as much as one that was optimally grown, but for my first grow I am more in it for the knowledge (and a lil smoke; lets not kid anyone). Hopefully by the time my second grow starts I will have enough experience under my belt to grow a decent harvest.

9. Yeah that makes sense i guess ill keep them for now and start another one as well, will mg sticks that go in the soil help out with the nutes or does.it have to be a liquid in the water?

10. No need to 'bump', your post is still fresh. I heard in another post that MG sticks are pretty much a no-no. You don't want to concentrate any kind of nutes when it comes to MJ roots. Some people say not to add any nutes for a couple weeks, some say to start right away. I personally just started my Fox Farm treatment yesterday after 8 or 9 days of vegetation. Next grow I may start earlier and find out what difference it makes. I also picked up some Fox Farm Ocean Mix soil yesterday that I am going to use for my next set of plants. I am excited to see the difference as I just picked up some organic stuff from Home Depot for my first two plants. I hear Fox Farm is the sh!t.

11. Im on my phone so it shows that its way down the list, well damn i weny ahead and got the sticks and stuck em in yhe pots but im in bed for the night, i guess it wont hurt just for the night, i alsi read that i can bury the stretched stem and itll turn into roots so ima do that in the am

12. Interesting. I just went out and read a few threads around the web that state the same. I going to go bury my tall-boy right now. I'll take some pics and upload them.

13. Hopefully it will work for us both, im kind of scared to do .it last time i had to move them i almost ripped the whole roots apart, im using h202 tho and thats helping allot wih thw bugs(im growing in a shed)

14. #15 Shizah, Apr 24, 2011
  15. They look happier, looks like u burried the right one a little .lower, i just did mine this morning will post a pic later, hopefully the ladys love it

16. #17 Shizah, Apr 24, 2011
    Lookin pretty good this morning.

Happy Easter... I am going back to fucking bed.

17. Yeah i couldnt sleep all night ended up gettin out of bed around 4am to go replant them, if there roughly 10-15 days old from seed are they on track or did i stunt them, as u can see its hot as hell and its only noon

Attached Files:

18. #19 NJsteez, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2011
    They are extremely small and undeveloped if they're fifteen days old.

A bit stretched, you most likely have inadequate lighting.

What is your light source?

Have you measured pH at all?

You have heat issues, at about 87-88 degrees Fahrenheit that's way too much. 84 degrees Fahrenheit should be your absolute maximum on a hot day, ideally you want a high of 78 degrees.

19. I am veging under similar light an at 8 - 12 days old, my girls look like this. Currently, I have 150w on both of the plants (so 75w) each. I know 100w would be better, but I still don't know if that is enough. I am about to add 6 more clones to the veging setup. I am not sure if I am going to keep going with CFLs or try for a 600w HPS right now. If I stick with CFLs, that is going to be a whole lot of bulbs. How many watts do you think I would need to bring 8 girls through veg with CFLs? 800w? Ideas? Advice?