New Guy with Questions, Please Help

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Sam Sinsemilla, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hello all, I am in small town Mayberry and wanted to know if I am safe to use
    a credit card when buy supplies off the internet? Money Order better?
    Safe to have delivered to my place??? No Hydro Stores within 100 miles..
    :wave::wave: Thanks for any Help you can offer.....

2. Alot of people dont use their debit card and a few do, I do, some also use prepaid debit or credit cards. Alot also dont want to have stuff shipped to where they grow but I have and havent had any problems.

3. if everything you are buying is legal to have then dont worry about it.

4. Thanks for the responses! I feel alot better about ordering now. gagaganja I will have alot of questions as I attempt my 2nd grow. I will be taking you up on your offer to help... Thanks again for responses....

5. its not a problem..all the stuff your buyin' is legal..what these blades said..on seeds i use a prepaid though:smoke:

6. no problem thats what im here for

7. Thanks again Bro's! I have been reading the medical growers bible, great book, except it is kinda thin when it comes to the seedling stage........ Any recommended reading out there that I should know about?????? Be safe, stay warm!
    It was -11 degrees here last night without wind chill....:eek:

8. When are you planning on starting your grow?

9. Already started.... Underwatered seedlings..... stunted growth... don't know if
    they can be saved... they are excellent quality.... hate to lose them..... Some
    are responding well to newly added CFL's.... some have yellow leaves......
    all have rigid main stems... I will wait for them to recover if they will....
    My first attempt went much better than this!!!!!:mad:
    All part of being a noobie I guess...
    Please help!!!!:wave:

10. You want to keep the soil moist but not soaked, you want to mist them, and as for light seedlings dont need alot of light, I usualy start out with 1 daylight CFL for the first week of growth. You also want to keep them from getting to cold at night, I try to keep the day and night temps for seedlings around 77-80 degrees.

11. That sounds like a serious problem. I need some info on your setup, what type of soil are you using, temp of your room, amount of cfls and wattage.

12. My setup consists of a germination area, which has two light 4 foot flourscents
    tubes. That part is working well. I tried to move 10 seedlings to an area 12" X 18"
    which I covered with 4 CFL's that are 75 watt equivlent and 2 CFL's that are 100 watt equivlent. I have never used CFL's before so I have been referencing the Medical MJ growers bible. It told me two things: 1) you cannot give plants too much light, and 2) CFL's can be placed as close to 2" to foilage due to low heat. I had lights as close as 6" but it is still too much light. Producing new growth but no height
    or internodal spacing due to being overwealmed by light. I have turned off the 2 X 100 watt equivlents and raised the 4 X 75 watt equivlent to 12" from foilage.
    Room temp is between 75 - 80 degrees. They have their own room with furnace vent and intake, so it helps control air flow and temp. I bought some good organic soil to start seeds while misting every 12 hours for the first 2 - 3 weeks. After that I water with small watering can and use soil water tester. I use distilled water.
    I started a really good batch of seeds but have really stressed them out by first underwatering then by overlighting. I hope they can recover FROM ME!!!:eek:
    I have started a second batch of seeds in case they cant!!
    Any help is greatly appreciated........Sam

13. why dont you want short plants with tight internodes:confused:..what strain....i have a hard time believin' you stopped your plants dead with that amount of watts:smoke:

14. #14 Flight96, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
    woah woah woah woah. you WANT inter-nodel spacing? meaning stretching? If your plants are growing nice short and bushy then that is a GOOD thing. Unless of course you want your plants to stretch for a SCROG style. etc.

But i don't think your doing a SCROG so, stop that lol

15. That is exactly what I want, But what I am getting is seedlings that will not grow up
    to the lights at all. New leaves come in but previous leaves turn brown and curl under.
    Plants does not grow at all.... They just trade leaves with no upward growth:confused:
    Why they don't get taller??? Beacuse they are getting too much light and don't
    need to grow to reach light source, right????

16. What size are your pots? Could be rootbound.

17. I have ZERO spacing. PLants don't grow. Stuck in seedling stage is what it looks like. I just trade leaves on my seedlings.... Upped the lights to CFL's but they seemed overwhelmed......I could not find 4100K CFL's but I did go with all CFL's
    5000k which is even more in the blue spectrum That should be even better for veg stage, right????

18. Pots are 16 oz plastic cups. The kind you find at the family reunion or at
    a kegger... If they are root bound that is the only thing that is growing...:wave:

19. What is the height of the plants?

20. 2" - 3" They look like seedlings. 4 - 5 weeks old. That is when I tried
    to go with the CFL's because I thought the flo tubes were not giving them
    enough lumens.... After going CFL's leaves look brown and curl under.
    Soil is organic and moist.....