Will this mess up my plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by briangumble, Sep 9, 2005.

1. I have a plant in my backyard that's in an area where it get's wet by the sprinklers everyday. I can't move it because that's the only spot that gets a lot of sunshine and I was just wondering if this will mess up my plant? I never water the plant because the sprinklers always water it, and I'm worries it might get over watered. Anothe thing I'm worried about is when it starts to bud, will the bud get mold from being wet from the sprinklers?

2. It depends on how big the plant is if she can take it. If your worried about overwatering, cover the pot or ground right around the plant in black plastic. Then you can control how much water she gets. I'm not sure about the mold question.

3. Mold should not happen. What time do the sprinklers goon and off? If they are set to go on in the morning or afternoon, you should be ok. If however, the sprinklers go on after sunset, you could get something called silverleaf. Silverleaf is in fact a type of mold, but can be wiped off with a soft cloth: it would mostly happen to the leafs.
    If you want to save the leafs for making hash or something, you need to watch the leafs for "sunburn". If a plants leafs (mostly trees) get wet and the sun is shining, the sun's ray's can be magnified through droplets of water. You will see the leafs or possibly (I'm not sure) buds get yellow spots on them. These are burn marks and would necessitate a change in watering schedule to an earlier time of day, so the sun is not so intense thus evaporating the water molecules.
    All in all, I'd not be too worried about overwatering. I'd imagine whomever set the sprinkling system knew what they were doing. I'd watch the soil around your MJ plant to see if there is a puddle of water after the sprinkling cycle has stopped.If you have a puddle, you can introduce root rot which is very bad and can kill a plant. If there is no puddle, and the ground seems to dry rather quickly, you're fine.