Cloning Autos?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CorpAmerica, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Hi All,

I've read some conflicting information and Im hoping someone can straighten me out. Is it possible to clone feminized auto-flowering strains?

Im going to be growing in a 9 pot closet setup and Id like to start off the bat with feminized seeds, as long as I can clone them so that Im not ordering $150+ worth of seeds every 8 weeks. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks
    -CA

2. you can't. the veg time is too short. Most auto's will easily show flowers by day 20. Best bet would be to run a seed crop and get a shitload of seeds

3. thanks ipack. So from what you have said my understanding is the best way to grow auto's would be to first produce a see crop and then go from there. Plants gown from these seeds would be 50/50 M/F so I would want to start with approximately twice as many sprouts as my expected female end crop. Sound right?

Was hoping to avoid the process of sexing and weeding out any males but ill deal with it if it will eliminate the need for a constant stream of feminized seeds.

-CA

4. sounds about right. I did lowryder 2 that way.. its a pain in the ass, but I got 80 viable seeds off of one plant. have you decided a strain?

5. I was considering trying to grow two separate strains in tandem, 4/5 pot split of my 9 total 10" pot locations (3ft x 3ft floor space). Honestly im a little concerned about the viability of growing a seed batch of two different strains in tandem due to the cross pollination possibility. Is cross pollination a concern, or would some sort of room separation suffice to prevent that from occurring?

The two strains im looking at are:

Lowlife Auto AK-47
    Automatic AK47 - Lowlife Seeds - Worldwide Marijuana Seeds

Afghan Kush Ryder
    Afghan Kush Ryder - World of Seeds Seeds - Worldwide Marijuana Seeds

6. you're right to be concerned about cross pollination from rooms in the same house.. pollen is so small it can diffuse through your heating/cooling system and just on air currents in the house. I've never grown anything other than Joint Doctors seeds, but those two look nice :hello:

7. damn dude.. good find, I had no idea. I've always ordered Joint Doctors and haven't had issues

8. yeh ive stuck with JD as he made the original LR! he must have it stabilized ay?

only another 3 weeks and im choppin down some lr2's and easyryders! crystally frosty shit!

recommended!;)

cheers for the rep mate!