Can you grow sterilized hemp seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Someone21, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Ok well I bought some hemp seeds for my birds and i was wondering if it is possible to grow it, I know it's sterilized but there has to be some sort of chance of some seeds growing.

2. you will grow "hemp" which is a type of cannibas that doesn't waste energy producing THC. if you want weed, grow from weed seeds. If you want HEMP, grow from a hemp seed. But you ain't gonna be smoking hemp anytime soon.

3. ^Agreed, you don't want to smoke hemp. And besides, if the seeds truly are sterilized then no, there does not have to be some sort of chance of some seeds growing -- that what sterilized means.

4. Depending on where you live I don't think you would want to grow hemp anyways. Even though it has no thc and can't get you high its still illegal to grow in the US. So why would you want to risk going to jail for an actual weed lol.

5. Everyone is cutting corners where they can- the seeds may not have been properly sterilized. Cutting back the heat and time needed to do a proper sterilization would be a likely way of cutting costs. So your chances of getting a few viable (live) seeds is better than in past years.

Now the seeds you would be getting would be either fiber or oil seed hemp. Almost zero THC. BUT THC isn't the only reason to use cannabis! CBD is a powerful medical cannabinoid found in commercial hemps (see my list linked below for its uses). CBD won't get you high but it might help you deal with diabetes, MS and other ailments.

Your birds would love you if you grew it for them. Some states have legalized growing of fiber and seed hemp, but the feds are blocking it with their laws. Growing fiber hemp is exactly the same as growing White Widow in the eyes of the feds. Be careful!

Granny :wave: